+ Reply to Thread

Thread: race result suggestion

Senior Member emilie is on a distinguished road

race result suggestion

i am having fun in the race mode.

but wouldn't it be more correct for the end result of race to say "1st of 4"
    or "2nd of 6" or whatever - sort of like how the end result is shown for FFA mode.

as it is now, it says "won" or "loss" as the end result of the race. (on a person's profile page for their game history).

i think "won" or "loss" is correct for CA or TDM or Duel or FreezeTag.
    but for Race, it should be what place a person ends up.

in any other race event (swimming, track, cars,) the results are listed as 1st, 2nd, 3rd and so on.

just a suggestion - if it can be changed. thx!

also, on the campgrounds race, i keep accidently starting over because the race loop passes right over the starting point half-way through the race. can that be moved back a little bit? after i got used to it, it didn't really matter to me. But, some players got confused and kept asking how to finish the race - since the same thing must have been happening to them. It's kind of funny, but just wonder if that start point should be moved back a little so people don't run over it during the race (which makes them start over and over....)

Senior Member Mike68 will become famous soon enough Mike68's Avatar
    Lost in the fog
    Good idea, would also be nice for Red Rover.

Senior Member RebelBeat will become famous soon enough
    They should definitely consider moving the start point back just a little bit, so as to avoid the possibility of accidentally restarting your run halfway through. Also, I like your idea of them ranking everyone in order, rather than everyone finishing "second" who didn't have the fastest time.

Additional suggestion:
    If players aren't able to complete a single lap in the time allotted, they should consider having the match end, rather than continuing into extra time. I'll leave it up to everyone to decide how they should/shouldn't score it.

I was spectating on a Race server running the training map last night. A few non-subscribers were able to complete a lap in the time, but none of the subscribers were able. Thus, they continued playing on that map for almost 20 extra minutes, until finally a subscriber joined who was able to complete a lap.

+ Reply to Thread