Free players should subscribe if they're interested in playing the mode beyond what the trial provides. We are happy with the current setup, especially compared to the alternative of not having the Standard Race matches available at all.
Last edited by sponge; 07-17-2013 at 03:47 PM.
I hear warm up runs don't save.
average ups message since start to finish
show movement key presses when spectating players
transparency (% on off) options for players, transparent plasma
players shouldn't have a death effect - just teleport without a effect
remove gib effect / spawn effect on kill, faster respawn
useless /kill spam in spawn area can be boxed with shader
auto start game
separate paths for pql and vql or improved paths for pql (black cath)
(fl1ckedsh0t) - team race
two or more teams race to get the lowest time, time is averaged on teams by each player, team with lowest time wins
why is it PQL physics on standard servers?
you play this game for ages with VQL like 97% of the other players aswell, and then you get a race mode at last and are forced to play it with the physics almost nobody played the regular game with.
The people who wanted the "defrag" or race in Quake Live in first place, were arguably more acquainted with pQL reminiscent physics. Sure, back in the day there did exist defrag for vanilla physics too but.. that wasn't the dick and pride of the community.
Originally Posted by thuNDa
PQL should be default on every server/mode, it makes the game faster and more fun.
Thatre of Pain suggestion: new Checkpoint's by My Run http://speedy.sh/YpFPb/TheatreHax.dm-73
- I do not think warm-up is necessary.
- !top10 or !top50 command to dump times and names of players for current weap/physics.
- Last point takes into account players being able to play different weap/physics in same server.
- Weapon triggers defrag style, player moves into invisible,passible brush and is given weapon with specific ammo. Example: Single gap in map, 1 rocket is given.
- A real training map. Cos1 style. Set of strafe pads, circle jumps, and strafe hall are mandatory. Raztrain is an excellent start, but impossible to teach people in real time how to strafe.
- Training map could have the specific map jumps, raztrain style...but with the timers.
* Brutally important, training map is accessible to all players of any skill or account status. There will always be a bored pro willing to teach a new player. This can lead to more players that stay longer and more new players that are not so terrible at movement.
Last edited by Catoptromancy; 07-19-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Just a couple of suggestions.
-For the public standard servers a maximum warm-up time should be instated, say 5 minutes for the sake of argument. Map changes, 5min warm-up applied, after five minutes if enough of the server hasn't F3'd the game auto F3s.
- I think the pickup radius for the flags could be a smidge larger, but I assume it's the same size as in CTF so..