+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: race

Hybrid View

Junior Member Ihavebadsound is on a distinguished road

race

first of all thanks for inserting race, i am gonna buy membership for it.

Make sure you have different times saved for ruleset 1 and ruleset 2, pql and vannila of each map, so that's 4 different highscores for each amp

I am glad grenades aren't in most maps though. You ahve tor un a map so many times for a score and having a nade luancher makes you have to include a perfect nade + rocket launcer combo at the start of each map.
    Last edited by Ihavebadsound; 07-16-2013 at 02:10 PM.

Currently scorees dont save anywere :<. At least I am getting practice

Junior Member Catoptromancy is on a distinguished road
    Race is most excellent feature!

To add to this suggestion, there should be 4 times on scoreboard. Vql, pql and both with no weapons. Players in the same server would be able to play settings just the way they want. People could power strafe vql style in same server as someone trying to rocket jump with pql.

Senior Member Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston's Avatar
    Not gonna make a new thread, but some things I'd like to see in Racemode:

- Locally stored ghosts of YOUR best times for each map (4 variants: pql and vql, weapon and non-weapon runs)
    - Server-side ghosts of THE BEST overall times on each map (again 4 variants)
    - Leaderboards
    - Ability to spec without 'quitting' the game (it's nice if your in second place and want to see how the leader's route varies from your own)
    - Better game history stats: finishing positions, race time (or just leader's time and then +x.xx for everyone else), number of restarts, overall PB (from all races), number of rockets fired during best run, max speed...
    - ability to turn on/off the appearance of other various ghosts/players
    - ability to have checkpoint +/- set to either your own best run OR to the leader's run

Senior Member whodares is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    Not gonna make a new thread, but some things I'd like to see in Racemode:

- Locally stored ghosts of YOUR best times for each map
    - Server-side ghosts of THE BEST overall times on each map
    - Leaderboards
    - Ability to spec without 'quitting' the game (it's nice if your in second place and want to see how the leader's route varies from your own)
    - Better game history stats: finishing positions, race time (or just leader's time and then +x.xx for everyone else), number of restarts, overall PB (from all races), number of rockets fired during best run, max speed...

- ability to have checkpoint +/- set to either your own best run OR to the leader's run

f1 to the above, rest imba

would really want gazes hud thou or whatever it was from defrag

Senior Member Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    This this this. Even speccing the top player doesn't give you a very accurate idea on where exactly he gets the upper hand over your run. This would help a lot.

Senior Member RebelBeat will become famous soon enough
    I could see them being able to do everything on your list Phlogiston, except maybe for the first two as it might be too much work.

if you have to put in nade luanchers, maybe a third weapon style that includes nade luancher and maybe includes overbounce and 900 speed rockets with it(for doubling up on rockets). I think the pre-race wind up is already very long on some maps.

Senior Member RebelBeat will become famous soon enough
    Do you really need grenade launchers on any of the maps though in order to complete them? I've seen some super quick times on even the large maps without the need for them. Personally, I think plasma and rockets are sufficient enough.

Quote Originally Posted by RebelBeat View Post
    Do you really need grenade launchers on any of the maps though in order to complete them? I've seen some super quick times on even the large maps without the need for them. Personally, I think plasma and rockets are sufficient enough.
    You don't ever need grenade launchers to complete a map, but having them raises the skill ceiling. You would have to do it every spawn though.

+ Reply to Thread