+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: An instance of QL is already running...but it isn't !

Junior Member Beteigeuze is on a distinguished road

An instance of QL is already running...but it isn't !

Today, QL crashed after a ctf match, forcing me to restart the browser as the complete Firefox froze and i had to kill the process. When i restarted FF and went to QL again, i couldn't login, a message pop up said "an instance of QL is already running", and i could "reload" ( leading to the sae popup box again ) and "logout". When i logout, and tried to log in again, the same message popup was once again keeping me from playing.

I restarted the PC, waited 6 hours and still the message box pops up aggain and i can't even login.

What's happening ?

Senior Member Latvietis is on a distinguished road
    Try re-installing the plugin. Thats the obivos thing to do

Junior Member Beteigeuze is on a distinguished road
    that did not help. calling the support ? no help at all.

Why did i go premium ?

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Try:

about:config in the address bar

Say ok, then scroll down to dom.ipc.plugins.enabled and set it to false.

Also keep in mind that you're looking for plugin-container.exe in task manager if you wish to force close QL. So if you have a stray one that's why you're getting the error.

Junior Member DireVisitor is on a distinguished road
    Dude I am having similar issues just trying to send a trace through the support page but I have to completely shut down and restart quake

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DireVisitor View Post
    Dude I am having similar issues just trying to send a trace through the support page but I have to completely shut down and restart quake
    You'll have to be more specific.

Did it crash? Did it lock up? Did you get an error message? Is this Firefox? OS?

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    It's a problem with Firefox 22 (the current version). You can downgrade to FF 21 or wait for an update of either FF or QL (QLPP18 will hopefully come first).

Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    scroll down to dom.ipc.plugins.enabled and set it to false.
    Don't do it! It can and will cause problems with QL's performance and stability.

Quote Originally Posted by Lam View Post
    Don't do it! It can and will cause problems with QL's performance and stability.
    Well it didn't for me and a few others who use it.

Stability maybe but performance doesn't make so much sense. Plugin container is an anti-crash feature.

Senior Member SLEEHUNTER is on a distinguished road
    This problem is the same thing I encountered. I have been unable to log in also, same "Fatal Error". I'm writing this now because I think that I'll be unable to log in for another week.

I have got an automated response back from "support" but to actual communicate.? Nah not yet. So I'll try a few games on my "new" premium account and have some fun. I didn't lose any sleep over this.

Time for a little pwnage!

Junior Member BABA is on a distinguished road
    same Problem here, I run it on IE 10

+ Reply to Thread