+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Brushes that are solid are walkable through...

Senior Member MexicanPadre is on a distinguished road

Brushes that are solid are walkable through...

In my map some of the walls are walkable through and when i delete those brushes and make new ones they are solid. But then, other brushes become non-solid. No idea why this is happening, it occurs most with angled corners I've made with the clipping tool.

EDIT: The Compiler does NOT complain about leaks, yet i am able to fall out of the map.
    Last edited by MexicanPadre; 07-12-2013 at 07:34 AM.

Member Obsidian is on a distinguished road
    Are any surfaces using textures with an associated shader? Some shaders are marked nonsolid, if you have one or more faces using a nonsolid shader, the brush volume may take that shader's properties. If a brush has both a solid and nonsolid shader, the compiler will randomly select one of the two conflicting properties and apply it to the whole brush, which may explain why it seems to happen at random.

The other time that this may happen is if you are doing some funny brush manipulation, usually with poorly executed CSG_subtract or hollow functions.

Senior Member MexicanPadre is on a distinguished road
    No, all my walls have the same texture, but only a few are walkable through. They are not non-solid. Some walls work and some don't. and i haven't used CSG_subtract or hollow either.

Member Obsidian is on a distinguished road
    Dunno, you may have to upload the map file and have someone take a look.

+ Reply to Thread