+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for duel, just started playing on the 6th of July

*FecalFantasy

Looking for duel, just started playing on the 6th of July

So far my k:d in "skill matched" servers has been from 1:1 to 1:2, mostly 1:2
    I know how to do the "bunny jumping" thing, know how to rocket jump and have reasonable aim as long as I'm not being attacked by more than one person, which is usually what happens all the time
    I'm desperate to find someone my skill level to duel
    I've also tried looking at videos of Quake duels. Sadly they're always between two people who memorize maps on a ridiculous level and have the aim of a merciless, battle-worn killing robot, which isn't really that helpful for someone as new as me

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    If you're just starting out you should probably mix in a lot of CA/FFA to practice your movement/timing and aiming under pressure type skills.

Don't worry so much about your stats such as kill/death. Instead worry about how you played in the game. Did you manage to get the items? How was your aim? Were you able to do the things you wanted?

As for finding someone your skill level to duel this can be tricky. Your best bet is to ask/friend random people who don't normally duel and get them to play. Let them know you're just starting out and so won't be looking to steamroll them.

If you become ambitious about duel I listed some resources here.

Senior Member vurun is on a distinguished road vurun's Avatar
    [QUOTE]I know how to do the "bunny jumping" thing, know how to rocket jump and have reasonable aim as long as I'm not being attacked by more than one person[/QUOTE
    Seems like me, we can try to play if you are in EU.

Did you manage to get the items? How was your aim? Were you able to do the things you wanted?
    That's execution. I believe more important is decision - did you time right, did you get a nice position to fight/ambush, did you chose the correct paths on a map depending on a situation you are in (big stack/small stack/no stack) etc. I doesn't really matter if you didn't make through pillars on dm6 or got smashed with "-100" rocket", what's important is that you tried to camp an opponent, predicting correctly he will go to RG via jumppad or tried to get "plasma" YA on dm13 cutting off the opponent.
    VG278HE@144Hz + EC2evo + Manticor + Lycosa+ SS Siberia v2

QL doesn't need more tiers, it needs more players (С)

*FecalFantasy
    Thank you for the info, I'll look into that

+ Reply to Thread