+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tdm??

*TzeroX

Tdm??

Hey all

Im a New (Well actually old) Quake Player. and im wondering why nobody is playing TDM?
    Or am i blind ^^?

And excuse my "bad" englisch, im from germany

Mfg TzeroX

Senior Member whodares is on a distinguished road
    www.tdmpickup.eu is your solution plently of pickup games happen there, can check qlstats.info website for information on games played etc too

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    TDM is pretty much horrible on normal public servers. That's why TDM players participate in pickups instead.

*TzeroX
    Ah I see, well then thankyou

Senior Member Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whodares View Post
    www.tdmpickup.eu is your solution plently of pickup games happen there, can check qlstats.info website for information on games played etc too
    Problem with pickups is that basically all the players there are incredibly high level.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Problem with pickups is that basically all the players there are incredibly high level.
    the above is not accurate there are several players of low to very low skill that play regularly.

Invites are also available as long as persons ask prior to adding up for the next game to start.
    We have an automated ranking system, which assists in finding both a players skill level and play style to ensure as many close fair games as possible (3-5 games needed.. min 10+ games results better .. last 50 games used for rating purposes)

Don't hesitate to visit us on #tdmpickup on quakenet. If you do not have an irc client you can goto our site www.tdmpickup.eu and use its webchat option. www.qlprism.us has an inbuilt irc client, which with the standard install will automatically join our channel.

Senior Member Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whodares View Post
    the above is not accurate there are several players of low to very low skill that play regularly.
    When I played there were about 4 people with 2k+ elo and the rest had 1600-2000. I got annihilated.

the teams are not based upon elo. we have our own seperate rating system which for pickup purposes is much more accurate

http://qlstats.info/tdmpickup/player/cat your last game was august, the formulae has changed since then. give it another go, you know you want to

besides as mentioned more games played more accurate the ratings will become (upto last 50).

for those just starting to play tdm there are several useful guides around, and people are always welcome in servers, even if it is to spec the good players thus allowing to learn.

http://pastebin.com/4GSWSFzM provides some guides also.
    Last edited by whodares; 07-07-2013 at 04:20 PM.

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    When I played there were about 4 people with 2k+ elo and the rest had 1600-2000. I got annihilated.
    In TDM, guys like Nined and Fraggie are rated 1500. I'm rated 2100 and you'll destroy me in each fight if you only get a weapon. So please, don't be intimidated by 2k+ elo. Your only initial problem will be lack of map knowledge, but I can see you owning those pickups after a week of good practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lam View Post
    In TDM, guys like Nined and Fraggie are rated 1500. I'm rated 2100 and you'll destroy me in each fight if you only get a weapon. So please, don't be intimidated by 2k+ elo. Your only initial problem will be lack of map knowledge, but I can see you owning those pickups after a week of good practice.
    Your sorting algorithm put Anatrolly and Vium against me, mate. I couldn't own them in CA on my best day. In TDM I'm just plain screwed.

+ Reply to Thread