+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Message to the young players out there...

Senior Member MajkiFajki is on a distinguished road
    Yeah, I feel much better with T3 players and lower, T4 usually are very agressive.

Senior Member Cat will become famous soon enough Cat will become famous soon enough Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adderall View Post
    its still the internet, sorry your mad
    You're interacting with real people, man... Just because you can't see the whites of their eyes doesn't mean they don't exist.

Senior Member drohne is on a distinguished road
    interesting thread, but i will and must admit that i like to have a lil trash-talk going on in a match, but iam not sure that everyone gets it just as "part of the bizz".
    i play quake since quake 2 (ctf, ra2) and ra3 and always thrash-talk was part of the game in some amount (maybe cuz i was playin, iam not sure about that ).
    ofc there r and should be certain limits, i for example would never say sth racist (the reason is not cuz i could be banned for this, its just way too stupid to talk like that), sth stupid about ones momma, callin someone nolifer etc.
    but making fun and provokin some other guy with a decent joke (ur movin like me grandpa with his wheelchair etc) or negging about lack of skill (earn some skill before u dare talkin to me) etc, i at least like that kind of "battle" and if the other guy answers with a witty/sharp line the better - i appreciate it mucho

btw: quake is a VERY competitive game, even in chess playerz try psychological tricks to disturb the opponents performance/concentrations or get him emotional involved, and as long my opponent is trying to figure out a good line he cant be 100% focused on the match
    Last edited by drohne; 07-06-2013 at 04:29 AM.

Senior Member vurun is on a distinguished road vurun's Avatar
    Many cheers to TS. I agree, total lack of respect for other people, a lot of rudeness. Btw, i am 26, t4 and not agressive. Addme, i want some nice CA without fuss.
    VG278HE@120Hz@LightBoost + EC2evo + G-TF speed + Lycosa+ SS Siberia v2

QL doesn't need more tiers, it needs more players (С)

Senior Member xXApathyXx is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    I know who you're talking about, and you're absolutely out of your mind if you're considering them "respectable". They're the exact same group of people that have driven many players away from pickups because of how rude and obnoxious they are.
    Um, just how many puggers do you think I play with regularly? Not that many. I wasn't even talking about that group either.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaZe View Post
    Trolling usually required some thought process and cunning but whatever, people are getting more and more hammered by mindless medias so I guess it simply follow the tendency.
    Good trolling still does require some thought. However, sometimes it just doesn't take much to get the ball rolling.

Member SuperSmola is on a distinguished road
    i have two comments and advices:
    - don't whine
    - don't ruin the game for others

Member miSc is on a distinguished road miSc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adderall View Post
    its a video game on the internet, its not real
    Your correct, it IS a video game. However it's not robots, but REAL people behind the computer. Some of them are old, some of them are young. What you DO or say, can have an affect on them - Positivily or negatively.

Quote Originally Posted by drohne View Post
    interesting thread, but i will and must admit that i like to have a lil trash-talk going on in a match, but iam not sure that everyone gets it just as "part of the bizz".
    i play quake since quake 2 (ctf, ra2) and ra3 and always thrash-talk was part of the game in some amount (maybe cuz i was playin, iam not sure about that ).
    ofc there r and should be certain limits, i for example would never say sth racist (the reason is not cuz i could be banned for this, its just way too stupid to talk like that), sth stupid about ones momma, callin someone nolifer etc.
    but making fun and provokin some other guy with a decent joke (ur movin like me grandpa with his wheelchair etc) or negging about lack of skill (earn some skill before u dare talkin to me) etc, i at least like that kind of "battle" and if the other guy answers with a witty/sharp line the better - i appreciate it mucho

btw: quake is a VERY competitive game, even in chess playerz try psychological tricks to disturb the opponents performance/concentrations or get him emotional involved, and as long my opponent is trying to figure out a good line he cant be 100% focused on the match
    Trashtalk is part of any game, sport, and lot of other social interactions. I am fine with that, but it is the amount of it. The level of trashtalk sometimes goes beyond the "fun" area, right into downright disrespectful, rude, and outragous behavior. And there is a big difference to what you describe as regular trashtalking, jokes and slightly provocative, to direct bullying of someone.

What is wrong with asking someone to kindly spectate ? (9 out of 10 times, it works!)
    What is wrong with explaining someone, that they perhaps should seek a different (lower) tier.
    What is wrong with respect? kindness, patience and just overall behaving.

It's not about being supernice, an angel. It's just being mature - grown up, nice to people. You show kindness, understanding, and patience towards a new player or fellow players, it will come back to you the same way. We use to build good solid communities that way, and those were the foundation of good gaming.
    New guys would come in, feel welcome, understood, and they stayed and played. The word would spread, and more would join.

It's not rocket science, it's common sense. And if you parents couldn't figure out to raise you properly, then do it yourself. Don't use it as an excuse, but chanllenge it make a change. You don't HAVE to be an *******, you can choose to be a good dude. simple...
    "Wisdom begins in Wonder" - Socrates (470-399 BCE)

Senior Member MajkiFajki is on a distinguished road
    It's not rocket science, it's common sense. And if you parents couldn't figure out to raise you properly, then do it yourself. Don't use it as an excuse, but chanllenge it make a change. You don't HAVE to be a jerk, you can choose to be a good dude. simple...
    Great post.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 07-09-2013 at 09:44 AM.

Junior Member associate is on a distinguished road
    i agree, op, nice post.

to anyone who likes calling people f#gg%ts, i hope you are proud of supporting the mindset that leads to homosexuals being executed in some parts of the world.

Junior Member Doom__Guy is on a distinguished road
    @CplDJon
    Here here!! Unfortunately it's the internet. It full of people pointing out other people faults and minor mistakes and exaggerating the heck out of them. Usually telling you to piss off or uninstall. It's never gonna go away so accepting sadly is our only option.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 07-09-2013 at 09:44 AM.
    Know me and know fear!!!

+ Reply to Thread