+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Problems with the game, too slow

*MaximusTeixeira

Problems with the game, too slow

So, i recently installed quakelive in my new pc....and i don't know why, when i get in game, it is all slow...like, the game doesnt run, it stutters... I know for a fact that the problem is not from my pc or internet....and it allways worked well on chrome....so, does anyone know if this just happen sometimes? instalation problems?? I have know idea what to do...

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    What video card?

What res are you running?

I assume this also happens in practice mode?

*MaximusTeixeira
    Yes, it also heppens in practice.... The computer its not the problem, same video card as my laptop (quake works fine there)...the rest of the hardware is better than my laptop's...thats why i dont get it...better pc and this happens...

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    What's the average FPS you get?

*MaximusTeixeira
    FPS was never a problem....90...125... Right now, i cant even see how mutch fps's i have, the game is umplayable...

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusTeixeira View Post
    i cant even see how mutch fps's i have
    Open the console and type :
    /cg_drawfps 1
    Hit enter, close the console and see what it shows.

If you get 1-5 fps then QL doesn't see or can't use your graphic card. This could be confirmed with r_lastValidRenderer's value. You should reset your driver settings to their defaults and try again. If it doesn't work, update them or go back to an older version.

*MaximusTeixeira
    Thank u so mutch for the help, i'm going to try all of that...tomorrow i'l say if it worked. Nice to know that this community helps thank you for the time again.

Senior Member swampy will become famous soon enough swampy will become famous soon enough swampy's Avatar
    If you used the drivers that came with your OS install.. It's usually a fail for QL. Especially if you installed Windows..

Go to whoever made your card and update your drivers from there.. Also sometimes the latest version isn't always the best..Play around until one works..
    Last edited by swampy; 07-02-2013 at 01:02 PM.
    Drunk Clan Motto--- "Have Fun, Everyone is Welcome"
    drunk clan

Stay drunk, Play drunk and chill

+ Reply to Thread