+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: July 2013 Standard Rotation

Junior Member TwistedSpider is on a distinguished road
    Horrible! Can't say that I am happy at all about the CTF rotation. Three of the maps were already in the map pool in May (Vortex Portal, Industrial Accident, Troubled Waters). Another two were in the Pool in April (Dueling Keeps and Camper Crossings)... Booooooring! What about Skyward, Japanese Castles, etc...?

Why don't you let the community decide about the map selection with a poll?

I am seriously very dissapointed. And yes, I do have a 1 year Membership.
    Last edited by TwistedSpider; 07-01-2013 at 02:27 AM.

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Full year of standard pool for TDM:
    Code:
    ┌───────────────────────┬─────┬─────┬─────┬─────┬─────┬─────┬─────┬─────┬─────┬─────┬─────┬─────┐
    │                       │ Aug │ Sep │ Oct │ Nov │ Dec │ Jan │ Feb │ Mar │ Apr │ May │ Jun │ Jul │
    ├───────────────────────┼─────┼─────┼─────┼─────┼─────┼─────┼─────┼─────┼─────┼─────┼─────┼─────┤
    │Campgrounds            │  X  │     │     │     │     │  X  │     │     │     │     │     │  X  │
    │Dreadful Place         │  X  │     │     │     │     │  X  │     │     │     │     │     │     │
    │Realm of Steel Rats    │  X  │     │     │  X  │     │  X  │     │     │  X  │     │  X  │     │
    │Grim Dungeons          │     │  X  │     │     │     │     │  X  │     │     │     │  X  │     │
    │Intervention           │     │     │  X  │     │     │     │  X  │     │     │     │     │     │
    │Purgatory              │     │     │     │  X  │     │     │     │     │     │  X  │     │     │
    │Retribution            │     │     │     │  X  │     │     │  X  │     │     │     │     │     │
    │Deep Inside            │     │     │     │     │  X  │     │  X  │     │     │     │     │  X  │
    │Hidden Fortress        │     │     │     │     │  X  │     │     │  X  │     │     │     │     │
    │Tornado                │     │     │     │     │  X  │     │     │  X  │     │     │     │     │
    │Limbus                 │     │     │     │     │     │  X  │     │     │     │     │     │  X  │
    │Terminus               │     │     │     │     │     │     │  X  │     │     │     │     │     │
    │Terminatria            │     │     │     │     │     │     │     │  X  │     │     │     │     │
    └───────────────────────┴─────┴─────┴─────┴─────┴─────┴─────┴─────┴─────┴─────┴─────┴─────┴─────┘
    This month on public servers, Campgrounds will be played a lot. Deep Inside will be in its shadow, but will get games as well.

We'll see if public players give a chance to Limbus, a new QL map which is unlucky enough to compete with Campgrounds each time it's in the standard pool.

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedSpider View Post
    Why don't you let the community decide about the map selection with a poll?
    Because then, the "community" would just pick 5 most played maps for each mode and cancelled their subscriptions.

I know it's hard right now, but our best bet as the community is getting together and filling premium servers. Promote pickups or get friends on premium publics. We already play Freeze Tag virtually each evening, I'm sure you can play premium CTF outside of pickups as well :)

Senior Member vurun is on a distinguished road vurun's Avatar
    Hektik, dm6 and t9 - nice
    VG278HE@120Hz@LightBoost + EC2evo + G-TF speed + Lycosa+ SS Siberia v2

QL doesn't need more tiers, it needs more players (С)

Member ephix1a is an unknown quantity at this point ephix1a's Avatar
    I <3 YOU FOR CHOOSING Black Cathedral

Junior Member TwistedSpider is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Lam View Post
    Because then, the "community" would just pick 5 most played maps for each mode and cancelled their subscriptions.

I know it's hard right now, but our best bet as the community is getting together and filling premium servers. Promote pickups or get friends on premium publics. We already play Freeze Tag virtually each evening, I'm sure you can play premium CTF outside of pickups as well
    I don't think we will see an active premium CTF community in the near future. Personally I just bought my membership for the Cha-Ching Kill sound which I got used to after my first three months of premium and to support the game. The advanced ingame stats are also nice. I only play on servers with air control enabled so most running games are of no interest for me.

This month's ctf selection is beyong horrible in my opinion.

I suggest ID gives free premium to everyone for a month... get them hooked on some Cha-Ching and advanced statistics etc... then put them back to normal mode. I am sure many more would pay this way.

Also what about gibs for subscribers?
    Last edited by TwistedSpider; 07-01-2013 at 07:17 AM.

Member str00 is on a distinguished road
    Some statistics: So we have 24 maps. 9 of them were in the May rotation. 6 of them were in the April rotation. That is 15 maps, over 60% of this month's standard maps. On the other hand, we have at least 17 maps that haven't been in the cycle since January. 3 of them were in the August rotation and never after (Bloodlust, Revolver and Sacellum). 1 (old) map hasn't been in any rotation ever (Powerstation).

So I just wonder is there any specific reasons why some maps make in the standard map rotation so often and some other maps doesn't, like Powerstation? Just want to make sure you guys haven't forgotten that maps like Powerstation or Bloodlust exist...

Member RUCH3DiON is on a distinguished road RUCH3DiON's Avatar
    Yessssssssssssssssssssss
    longest yard (l)
    Quien Me iba A Decir
    RUCH3DiDON
    Youtube GentLy2Quake

Web Programmer sponge will become famous soon enough sponge will become famous soon enough sponge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by str00 View Post
    Some statistics: So we have 24 maps. 9 of them were in the May rotation. 6 of them were in the April rotation. That is 15 maps, over 60% of this month's standard maps. On the other hand, we have at least 17 maps that haven't been in the cycle since January. 3 of them were in the August rotation and never after (Bloodlust, Revolver and Sacellum). 1 (old) map hasn't been in any rotation ever (Powerstation).

So I just wonder is there any specific reasons why some maps make in the standard map rotation so often and some other maps doesn't, like Powerstation? Just want to make sure you guys haven't forgotten that maps like Powerstation or Bloodlust exist...
    We take all the maps in the game, and generate 5 months worth of maps "drafting" them roughly by statistical popularity. This means that there's a maximum of 8 months between a map appearing twice if it ends up being the first month of one cycle and the last month of the next. We also add in the new maps manually once they are >3 months old.

Since it isn't evenly divisible, we even out with some repeats (though as you've noticed we tend to pick the same "good" maps to fill slots.) I believe we replaced Bloodlust and Revolver with something else last rotation, and both are actually in next month's. Powerstation was left out entirely as it was basically by far the least popular standard map before we switched, and had it's spot replaced by something that would be more valuable to the standard pool.

Member str00 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by sponge View Post
    We take all the maps in the game, and generate 5 months worth of maps "drafting" them roughly by statistical popularity. This means that there's a maximum of 8 months between a map appearing twice if it ends up being the first month of one cycle and the last month of the next. We also add in the new maps manually once they are >3 months old.

Since it isn't evenly divisible, we even out with some repeats (though as you've noticed we tend to pick the same "good" maps to fill slots.) I believe we replaced Bloodlust and Revolver with something else last rotation, and both are actually in next month's. Powerstation was left out entirely as it was basically by far the least popular standard map before we switched, and had it's spot replaced by something that would be more valuable to the standard pool.
    Ok, fair enough. Thanks for the clarification.

+ Reply to Thread