+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: July 2013 Standard Rotation

Hybrid View

Web Programmer sponge will become famous soon enough sponge will become famous soon enough sponge's Avatar

July 2013 Standard Rotation

The July 2013 Standard arena rotation is now online. On the first Monday of each month, we will be cycling the Standard arena pool. Rather than only having access to the same standard arenas day in and day out, each month we will now feature 25 arenas selected as playable for Standard-level matches.

Newly released arenas will remain exclusive for at least three months, but every other arena is eligible to be included in the cycle.

Standard Map Pool:
    Start date: July 1, 2013
    End date: August 5, 2013

Campgrounds
    Black Cathedral
    Camper Crossings (CTF)
    Cold Cathode (CTF)
    Cold War
    Deep Inside
    Dies Irae
    Dismemberment
    Dueling Keeps (CTF)
    Electric Head
    Foolish Legacy
    Hearth
    Hektik
    Industrial Accident (CTF)
    House of Decay
    Limbus
    Longest Yard
    Solid
    Terminal Heights
    Troubled Waters (CTF)
    Vortex Portal (CTF)
    Warehouse
    Wicked
    Windsong Keep

Senior Member whodares is on a distinguished road
    "Newly released arenas will remain exclusive for at least three months, but every other arena is eligible to be included in the cycle." you do know thats not accurate now when qcon, all maps including those sub 3 months were in the available map pool to choose from.

it appears tdm has been let down again, and ctf always seems to get favoritism. as im a pickup player it doesnt really effect me thou

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whodares View Post
    "Newly released arenas will remain exclusive for at least three months, but every other arena is eligible to be included in the cycle." you do know thats not accurate now when qcon, all maps including those sub 3 months were in the available map pool to choose from.

it appears tdm has been let down again, and ctf always seems to get favoritism. as im a pickup player it doesnt really effect me thou
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't almost all of the TDM activity done in Pro-spawned servers anyway?

Also, these maps aren't exactly "great" for CTF either.

Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't almost all of the TDM activity done in Pro-spawned servers anyway?
    depends a lot on map pools. and in generally yes, mostly on pro spawned servers due to www.tdmpickup.eu / #tdmpickup being so popular

if the standard pool was more tdm friendly im sure more ppl would be encouraged to play it more, and thus encouraging them to find a clan, and indeed play more pickups etc, same of course for ctf.. in pickups eu, at least the "big four" make up a considerable amount of the map picks, and it would be nice to play some others for a change too...

below is stats for the main tdm pickup pickup channel which shows games played, and indeed maps that were played. over a 7 day and 30 day period respectively.
    http://qlstats.info/tdmpickup/detail...ek/desc/rating
    http://qlstats.info/tdmpickup/detail...th/desc/rating
    Last edited by whodares; 07-01-2013 at 12:05 AM. Reason: added links.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whodares View Post
    Campgrounds
    Deep Inside
    Foolish Legacy
    Limbus

That doesn't seem bad at all. But who plays TDM on public standard servers anyway .

Senior Member Chibers will become famous soon enough Chibers's Avatar
    At first glance it looked like duel had gotten the shaft this month, but campgrounds / dismem / hektik is a pretty nice trio.

longest yard and warehouse back to back to back on ffa is gonna be soul crushing lol
    #TATW
    It's more fun when you're mellow

Senior Member RD6 is an unknown quantity at this point
    duel's not bad at all, there's even t9 for some players

Junior Member Xtr4nce is on a distinguished road
    Really thanks, im a Pro suscriber and finally i will can start my standard server with very fun and good maps this month for CA Air Control ... Campgrounds (q3dm6) and Black Cathedral ! Love it.

Last month was just a fat and crazy cauchemar (only Corrosion was enough big and good) ...
    People are to much zombies for regroup and play together premium with all maps, so we need to deal with standard rotation choice each month, i will really enjoy July and im happy to have pay for start my server with good maps like that !

Please do same good choice next month too (Overkill, Hidden fortress, Theatre of pain would be a good august ) We need big maps for CA air control.

Thanks again cya

the only map from the above that is played a lot is limbus

foolish legacy can't remember the last time i played that, deep inside is "ok" dm6 (very very very rarely played on this mmode).. well if full control very very difficult to get back, and can lead to scores mounting very quick.. thus increasing the chances for quiters..quiters would be nice if they were punished.. in some way, such as unable to play for 30 mins or so..

Junior Member trolleybus is on a distinguished road
    Campgrounds and Black Cathedral! Vampiric pql ftw

+ Reply to Thread