+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Players using PRO features for own benefit

Senior Member Grandbolus is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by quakestreme View Post
    A pro user getting permanently banned? That's a laugh.
    How so, you think pro subs should give you immunity?

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandbolus View Post
    How so, you think pro subs should give you immunity?
    I think he thinks that it does give you immunity, not that it should.

He is incorrect though; pro accounts do not have immunity.

Senior Member KaasMan is on a distinguished road
    Well my question is done, so we might as well go off-topic.

Quote Originally Posted by quakestreme View Post
    A pro user getting permanently banned? That's a laugh.
    A member who is trying to ruin a game not getting permanently banned because he made a little donation? That's a laugh.

Senior Member muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KaasMan View Post
    Well my question is done, so we might as well go off-topic.

A member who is trying to ruin a game not getting permanently banned because he made a little donation? That's a laugh.
    Look @ post #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Friedman
    All flying saucers are UFO`s not all UFO`s are flying saucers.

Senior Member MexicanPadre is on a distinguished road
    Whats the point of stats when you can start ranked matches with crazy settings?

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MexicanPadre View Post
    Whats the point of stats when you can start ranked matches with crazy settings?
    The settings can' t get too crazy before it becomes unranked actually.

Senior Member MexicanPadre is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    The settings can' t get too crazy before it becomes unranked actually.
    Uh, yeah they really can. ever played fraglimit 1 duels? or 5hp CA? if you go to SAM right now you can change MG damage to 200 and it will still be ranked. how is that not crazy?

Yeah I agree with you that should probably be tightened down.

Really though, the settings you listed would only serve to make the game more random.

Senior Member RockvilleRideOn is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    Yeah I agree with you that should probably be tightened down.

Really though, the settings you listed would only serve to make the game more random.
    I'm surprised at how passive you, and in fact, are at this argument. The truth is, and you would never know this because you never have played most of my servers (sure there's been one occasion). The truth is that this perfectly legal way of stat padding is actually the thing that's starting to screw the system over. Almost every day I open a ranked server that looks so innocent, whether it's a ranked duel with no time or frag limit or just 5hp CA. MexicanPadre speaks from experience. He follows me wherever I go on quake and almost exclusively plays my servers. If he says it's crazy then it is, and I personally couldn't agree more. On another thread, people were arguing against me that giving more starting ammo makes a huge difference and while I still insist that it is rather insignificant I have the experience with changing it while they do not. In the scheme of things it in fact IS of little importance compared to other settings being changed (I'm not talking about extremes here even though that could be done, and the fact that it can be done proves Mexican's point anyhow). Enough of this rant. My point is that despite your prowess with the game, you do have a lack of familiarity with how the settings can be changed and the effect they have.

Lorfa. I like you. You're a nice guy, but let me tell you that what seems like an innocent setting can go a long way.

I typed this on my android at 11:30PM eastern time. I'll revise it tomorrow.

Senior Member tomlin is on a distinguished road tomlin's Avatar
    But you can't make these "crazy settings" apply to specific individuals within the server. If one person starts with 5hp, everyone does. If one person starts with 200 mg damage, everyone does. etc. It's an even playing field.

Not doubting that people make these modded servers for stat purposes, but it'd have to be a stacked team doing it to win (which is forbidden anyway), else people could just beat them at their own game, like what often happens in the stat-pad servers. Takes a while but it's great when it happens
    Last edited by tomlin; 08-05-2013 at 11:44 PM.

+ Reply to Thread