+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Players using PRO features for own benefit

Senior Member KaasMan is on a distinguished road

Players using PRO features for own benefit

So past week, I've had already two encounters with PRO people who use their server for own benefits.
    First one stopped a match at 9-2 (he was on the team with 2) during the last round, and then his server got disconnected. I looked in the stats, the match didn't appear.
    Few minutes ago, we're playing in a 5v5 server. A spec enters and says something like "make it teamsize 6 or I will stop this match". It was ts5, already too big, lotsa spam and camp n stuff. So we said no. He disconnected the server.

Is there anything you can do? I understand that you could send a demo for the first guy, if I had autorecord on, which I don't. I also understand that I could simply not join PRO servers, but that would mean that I have to wait long times for matches quite often.

What can I do here? Just letting those little morons get away with it seems like the only option...
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 07-09-2013 at 10:58 AM.

Senior Member whodares is on a distinguished road
    cg_autoaction 2 is about it

the server owner if he wanted to force team size 6, could of indeed typed /players put X (where x was his player number) and then f1'd on the vote

my advise is to add any pro users that stat padd, or close servers whilst mid game etc, to your block list that way their servers wont show up

ur other choice for fast games.. why dont u buy pro urself then spawn servers and invite own friends to play

Senior Member mi will become famous soon enough
    I reported one admin abuser once and... nothing happened. So I guess the policy is pro members can do what they want because they paid.
    The workaround is not to play on the player's server.

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    they will get banned if they are working on stats
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

Senior Member muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mi View Post
    I reported one admin abuser once and... nothing happened. So I guess the policy is pro members can do what they want because they paid.
    Up to a point yes...but
    you can't kick players to boost other players' stats or your own
    Which is ban worthy and I have seen other pro subs get banned for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Friedman
    All flying saucers are UFO`s not all UFO`s are flying saucers.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    The first could get banned if there is evidence he did that to pad stats. The second situation sounds legit.

Senior Member RD6 is an unknown quantity at this point
    I've seen several duelers end the server because they're losing. Just don't join pro servers unless you know them.

Senior Member drohne is on a distinguished road
    like rd6 recommended: i had some similiar experiences like kickban/discon-server on pro started servers (cuz server-owner was clearly on his way of losing the match), my solution is also to choose carefully which pro-hosted servers i do join. since i delibaretly choose servers, i didnt had any trubles again.
    Last edited by drohne; 07-01-2013 at 02:36 AM.

Junior Member NegrU is on a distinguished road
    Subscribing... Until now i've reported 2 duelers. One of them wasn't even premium player, but he was set as a referee. None of the two were banned. If any action was taken against them i wouldn't know... "due to privacy concerns".
    Last edited by NegrU; 07-01-2013 at 08:22 PM.

Senior Member quakestreme is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Adderall View Post
    they will get banned if they are working on stats
    A pro user getting permanently banned? That's a laugh.
    Aways ensure you are maintaining a high FPS rate in QL. Otherwise you can be at a big disadvantage. To find out your current fps rate, use the command: "set cg_drawfps "1"".

+ Reply to Thread