+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bring Rocket arena game mode to Quake live

Member DTBlud is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    People have been screaming for defrag way longer than they have for rocket arena.
    hey Cat, the point isn't who has been screaming for features longer, the point is they are not paying attention to any of us

and RA3 is quite a bit different than CA like malk said, the 1 v 1 and cue system prob the biggest, when you have 3 people join a CA game either one has to sit or you are forced to play 2 v 1, with the ra option everybody gets to play in a rotation. plus much better maps

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    According to the maps:

When the first bunch of ra3 maps were introduced, there were some rumors. The main ones consisted of the assumption the original copyright holder wants big amounts of money for the maps, therefore some are missing.
    Another story was that the ra3 maps are only available in compiled format. The original map files are lost. Making them work in ql is as much work as creating the map from scratch.

Also:
    We have enough new maps. Even decent ones. We have the most popular ra3 maps already. The only thing that's lacking are the gameplay options and maybe multi-arena maps.

imo it's not even fair to say they won't listen. Those are changes you don't do properly in one hour.
    I'm sure they listen, but we could use more feedback.
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

Member DTBlud is on a distinguished road
    How long would it take to add the gameplay options for RA to the already existing CA mod? I think CA was an offshoot of RA anyway wasn't it? They have spent lots and lots of time to give us a bunch of diff mods, like red rover, Race, domination, 1 flag ctf, attack and defend, etc...they spent the time to do that and I rarely see anybody playing any of those, cant even find a empty server for freezetag most of the time...but they won't even spend the time to answer our multiple requests for RA3 (and other popular mods). So when i say they don't pay attention, it is the lack of respect shown to their members to not even address the requests with an answer that shows they aren't listening.
    At least tell us why we cant have RA. we don't need more maps, although some of those would be really cool to have, give us the game play option of the RA 1 v 1 que system... something? just an answer?

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    That's true. Feedback on this is highly appreciated.
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

Senior Member lowlife1 is on a distinguished road lowlife1's Avatar
    Ive been watching RA games on Youtube lately. Also remember watching it in Gamespy. I loved watching them. I think it would be better time spent implementing RA type games it into QL than "Race". Which in my oppinion was a waste of time,as its hardly played anymore. Well,, here and there. But not enough to be jusifiable.
    Last edited by lowlife1; 08-10-2013 at 06:32 PM.

Senior Member ShaZe is on a distinguished road ShaZe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DTBlud View Post
    How long would it take to add the gameplay options for RA to the already existing CA mod? I think CA was an offshoot of RA anyway wasn't it? They have spent lots and lots of time to give us a bunch of diff mods, like red rover, Race, domination, 1 flag ctf, attack and defend, etc...they spent the time to do that and I rarely see anybody playing any of those, cant even find a empty server for freezetag most of the time...but they won't even spend the time to answer our multiple requests for RA3 (and other popular mods). So when i say they don't pay attention, it is the lack of respect shown to their members to not even address the requests with an answer that shows they aren't listening.
    At least tell us why we cant have RA. we don't need more maps, although some of those would be really cool to have, give us the game play option of the RA 1 v 1 que system... something? just an answer?
    I thinks I have witnessed more request for defrag mod implementation than RA3 "Addons" to be honest, which is probably due to 90% of RA3 already being fulfilled by CA. The only thing missing is the queue system. The extra awards are just fancy stuff and the maps are just content.

As for the "Arenas" ... who really want that seriously? It didn't help anything beside helping players to not worry about searching for another game using the bad game browser we had at the time. The arenas were usually split in the following orders : 1v1, 2v2, 8v8, so changing to another arena was just like asking for a completely new match. With QL, people can switch to another match with same ping within seconds, this is not required anymore.

Senior Member drohne is on a distinguished road
    i think including the big clan-arena maps (8 vs 8) of RA3 would be a nais improvement of the ca mode of ql - not many maps of ql r build for a decent 5 vs 5 match, let alone a big game like 8 vs 8 and imo a "clan" consists of more than 3 or 4 playerz i remember dearly those full blast battles played 8 vs 8 ofc all those supaskillaz nowadays wont like that mucho - crying cuz spam etc., but in a 8 vs 8 match not many r able to rock a server - to be superior in one of those matches needs REAL outstanding skill. btw theatre of pain is one of those ra3 maps working 8 vs 8 already implemented in ql.
    Last edited by drohne; 08-11-2013 at 09:52 AM.

Member TurtleBay is on a distinguished road
    I have to agree that it would be sweet to include a rocket arena mode. Specifically I like the way that it implemented 1v1 duels with a queue and each player starting with a full stack. A lot of people could join and watch and get in a queue. When the duel was over the winner would stay and the loser would move to the back of the line, king of the hill style. I find that this is a good balance of duel like gameplay but also social because you watch and chat with people who are waiting and it really feels like an accomplishment if you can get through each person on the server once without dying.

I think you could call it 'Duel Arena'

Senior Member Balarick is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by malk_ View Post
    It's about some features from ra3. Clan arena lacks decent 1v1/team queuing. Also: multi arena maps.
    like parts of (or two entire) maps in one arena. that would be interesting.

Junior Member Hotrok is on a distinguished road
    the queue style from ra3 needs to be implemented.
    please

+ Reply to Thread