+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Changing LG Zoom Sens only

Junior Member Shahe is on a distinguished road

Changing LG Zoom Sens only

How do I lower the sens for lg zoom only? Thanks

Senior Member Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston's Avatar
    If you're not a subscriber then you'll need to amend each of your weapon binds similarly to this (I also added a couple of aliases to make it easier to edit at a later date)
    Code:
    bind q "weapon 7;_lgOff"
    bind e "weapon 5;_lgOff"
    bind f "weapon 6;_lgOn"
    alias _lgOn "cg_zoomsensitivity XX"
    alias _lgOff "cg_zoomsensitivity YY"
    If you're a subscriber you can put the same info into the cg_weaponconfig** variables and save yourself a button press when respawning.

Note that the sensitivity has to be changed for every weapon, not just the ones I posted

Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    If you're not a subscriber then you'll need to amend each of your weapon binds similarly to this (I also added a couple of aliases to make it easier to edit at a later date)
    Code:
    bind q "weapon 7;_lgOff"
    bind e "weapon 5;_lgOff"
    bind f "weapon 6;_lgOn"
    alias _lgOn "cg_zoomsensitivity XX"
    alias _lgOff "cg_zoomsensitivity YY"
    If you're a subscriber you can put the same info into the cg_weaponconfig** variables and save yourself a button press when respawning.

Note that the sensitivity has to be changed for every weapon, not just the ones I posted
    I am pro, but not sure what to put in my weapon scripts

Senior Member Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston's Avatar
    put your config up onto www.pastebin.com and I'll have a look

Quote Originally Posted by Shahe View Post
    I am pro, but not sure what to put in my weapon scripts
    http://pastebin.com/CigzbZ25

These are my binds, also zoomsensitivity value is 0, should i change to 1 or keep it?

Quote Originally Posted by Shahe View Post
    http://pastebin.com/CigzbZ25

These are my binds, also zoomsensitivity value is 0, should i change to 1 or keep it?
    My base fov is 105 and sense is 4.65 with 0 accel, if that matters

http://pastebin.com/653CFNa6

That's how I'd do it as a subscriber

EDIT1:: Ahhh...if u have your zoomsensitivity set to 0 then that's some kind of legacy setting from Q3....hmm...gimme a mo I'll have to do this a more complicated way

EDIT2:: http://pastebin.com/LKiq0H18

havent tested it, but this should be what you need
    Last edited by Phlogiston; 06-27-2013 at 11:08 AM.

http://pastebin.com/653CFNa6

That's how I'd do it as a subscriber

Ahhh...if u have your zoomsensitivity set to 0 then that's some kind of legacy setting from Q3....hmm...gimme a mo I'll have to do this a more complicated way
    I can set it to 1 if you'd like?

hehe, you can use the original idea and have a play with the different zoomsens settings, it is much easier to just vary the zoomsensitivity for each weapon rather than have to make the script I did which has to have failsafes in there for when switching weapons while zoomed etc... but the script should be done now, so upto you how you want to do it.

EDIT: That said, the scripted way is actually a little bit more versatile in that you could change any number of settings at the same time...turn on/off mouse accel whilst zoom is held etc
    Last edited by Phlogiston; 06-27-2013 at 11:20 AM.

hehe, you can use the original idea and have a play with the different zoomsens settings, it is much easier to just vary the zoomsensitivity for each weapon rather than have to make the script I did which has to have failsafes in there for when switching weapons while zoomed etc... but the script should be done now, so upto you how you want to do it.

EDIT: That said, the scripted way is actually a little bit more versatile in that you could change any number of settings at the same time...turn on/off mouse accel whilst zoom is held etc
    Thanks, so should i get rid of my ALT +zoom bind since i have the lookycloser now?

+ Reply to Thread