+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New mouse

Senior Member SLEEHUNTER is on a distinguished road

New mouse

I have a new Logitech G400 mouse and I'm trying my darndest to program this to my old settings. For example where the 2 thumb buttons on the side I use to have plasma and lg there. I can't program this thing. Does anyone have any advice or help?

Senior Member Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa's Avatar
    bind mouse4 "weapon 8"
    bind mouse5 "weapon 6"

They might have to be set as 'back and forward' in the drivers for them to show up as mouse4/5 in games.

Thank you for that advice. I have another question.

How do I do the same for the "dpi buttons. I want to change them to weapons also, but I can't achieve that. For example I would like to change the dpi up button to shotgun and the dpi down button to grenade?

Senior Member Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SLEEHUNTER View Post
    Thank you for that advice. I have another question.

How do I do the same for the "dpi buttons. I want to change them to weapons also, but I can't achieve that. For example I would like to change the dpi up button to shotgun and the dpi down button to grenade?
    I suspect that the only way to do this is to bind them to keystrokes. For example:

http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/c...y/setpoint.jpg

Then you should be able to just bind <key> whatever you wish. You could use - and = so you wouldn't accidentally hit them on the keyboard and would be unlikely to need those keys in-game.

You could try 'generic button' if there is such an option (there wasn't in one of the setpoint versions I briefly used on someone else's computer). Then perhaps quake can see them as mouse6/mouse7/mouse8. Probably this is wishful thinking.

I gave up on the piece of crap Lorfa. Thanks for the help though! I bought a different mouse, a Razer Naga.....different for sure. Having to get use to this design after using a Logitech for so long is going to be a challenge. It was very easy to program, but I don't know how long it's going to take to inprint the changes into my muscles and brain.

After it's first use I find the size of it small to my hand, I may have to find a bigger fit. I'll try it this LONG WEEKEND and decide if I'm going to keep it. Future Shop is a good place to shop.

I'd be very surprised if you end up preferring the Naga to the g400.

Really? Why do you say that? On a side note , could you tell me what or where I can find the weapon assignment numbers for quakelive weapons. I wrote them down once and I can't find it. Once again thanks for the help.

Really? Why do you say that? On a side note , could you tell me what or where I can find the weapon assignment numbers for quakelive weapons. I wrote them down once and I can't find it. Once again thanks for the help.
    Forget about my request. I found it using "Lorfa's Console Guide."

Really? Why do you say that?
    The g400 is a favorite mouse of a great many players. It's a remake of the mx518 which was a huge favorite for many, many years.

Naga on the other hand has too many buttons for quake games, is likely to be heavy, and may have a weight distribution issue if the weight of the button side is not properly offset.

To be fair though, few quake players have ever tried the Naga, so perhaps it is more viable than it seems.

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    The g400 is a favorite mouse of a great many players. It's a remake of the mx518 which was a huge favorite for many, many years.

Naga on the other hand has too many buttons for quake games, is likely to be heavy, and may have a weight distribution issue if the weight of the button side is not properly offset.

To be fair though, few quake players have ever tried the Naga, so perhaps it is more viable than it seems.
    Now its the g400s, I dont think they manufacture the g400 anymore.
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

+ Reply to Thread