+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lock the CA teams

*Rammsteiner

Lock the CA teams

Lock the CA teams.
    Nobody gets in after it starts.
    People who leave get their account locked for a day.
    The end.
    Last edited by malk_; 06-27-2013 at 02:01 AM.

Senior Member xXApathyXx is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Rammsteiner View Post
    Lock the ****ing CA teams.
    People who leave get their ****ing account locked for a day.
    The end.
    So much wrong with this. What about people who have a legitimate reason to leave? What about the people who spec or leave to try to even it out? What about people joining to even it out? In the end, this would start to cripple more than it would help.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Some problems with this:

If your connection locked or you had a power outage, your account would be locked unfairly. If you tried to circumvent this by making it so that timeouts did not have this behavior and only quits did, then people would just pull their jack in order to quit without getting a suspended account.

There is a large percentage of players that don't pay attention to the updates or forums. If this was enacted the only way they would find out about it is if they quit the game and were hit with a surprise suspension. This would produce much anger.

A warning on first instance would be mandatory, which means the system would have to keep track of quits after a certain date. It would still be seen as draconian and highly off-putting.

Some thought would have to be put to whether spectating, or being forced to leave the server (kicked) would count as a quit worthy of a suspension. Event triggers would have to be made for these if not.

Much thought would have to be put towards how uneven teams were handled.

The bottom line is that a denial of service over a quit is completely overkill even if it's only for 24 hours.

Senior Member drohne is on a distinguished road
    i guess everybody knows how annoying quitting or a player joining and outnumbering a team is. but like lorfa said, sometimes i (and i bet other ppl too) have con issues and the con just breaks, so i wouldnt be able to play for the next 24h because my provider cant provide me a stable con all the time, and me account gets locked. imo the solution for such problems is very simple: pubgaming is the right spot to learn and exercise quake and having fun. if someone wants more "serious" gaming, join a clan and play tdm/ca/ctf in pickups and ladders. on pickup-settings etc all those annoying stuff wont happen. so just dont take pubgames too serious, enjoy them, even if u get slaughtered
    btw another solution: buy a pro account, host a (pub) server and as admin u can make sure a game is decent.
    Last edited by drohne; 07-01-2013 at 01:20 AM.

Senior Member c3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Rammsteiner View Post
    Lock the CA teams.
    People who leave get their account locked for a day.
    The end.
    I tend to agree w/ the idea of automatically locking teams, or at least adding the option to automatically lock at the beginning of each new game. Yes, you can manually lock the teams as an admin, but the problem w/ this is if someone drops, then you have to unlock to let someone else in mid-game.

Another idea could be to enhance the 'lock' command, or have alternate lock commands. For example, an alternate lock command added to administrators could work something like this:

/lock at the beginning of the game, and if someone drops in say a 4v4 and it then becomes a 3v4, the lowest score on the team w/ a surplus of players will automatically be put to spec. There are some pros and cons to this but it would ensure the teams remain even until the game is over.

i disagree with puttin the lowest automatically into spec - u will never win a game if u play on servers there the others have a higher skill (and therefore higher score). imo the solution would be to put one of the playerz (of the team with one player more) in a queue, so even if nubudy joins the other team, u will at least dont have a quit on ur stats and get the win u deserved.
    imo not the guyz who play 4 vs 3 are to blame but the quitters. if i would have always quitted because someone quits midgame, i would have a xfactor more of quits. and i find it VERY ANNOYING if i play like hell on the edge of me performance (may it be poor compared to real skillerz ) and than i have to quit because someone on the other team decides to quit cuz his team is on the way of losing match and iam last in line of me team.
    so me solutions: make a queue or take pubgames not too serious. and first of all: dont blame the other team but the quitter(s).
    ofc: if someone goes voluntary in spec to even teams, thats an honorable move.
    and btw: if someone letz say quits at 8 to 1 or sth like that for example in ca, there is no need to go spec cuz the match imo is done.
    Last edited by drohne; 07-03-2013 at 05:51 AM.

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    tbh if someone quits, you could disallow them to join another server (standard public servers) until the game they left has ended.

if your connection screws u over, its still your fault, not the other players. so you ruining it for them is not anyone elses responsibility except your own.

Quote Originally Posted by danstar View Post
    tbh if someone quits, you could disallow them to join another server (standard public servers) until the game they left has ended.
    100% yep to that

Quote Originally Posted by danstar View Post
    if your connection screws u over, its still your fault, not the other players. so you ruining it for them is not anyone elses responsibility except your own.
    100% no to that - if i could, i would make sure me line is on 100% of time, cuz i pay for me con every month full and without any delay, so its the job of me provider to provide me a stable con and if me con breaks, whatever the (technical) issue may be, the provider is to blame
    Last edited by drohne; 07-04-2013 at 01:02 AM.

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    btw drohne, i didnt point at you specificially. more the general player. it is the players responsibility to bring a stable connection and if it fails them it is no one elses fault than your own if you warp all over the place or time out. you cant say its a legit excuse to bring a broken car to a race either, its just possible things go wrong but its the players responsibility. blaming your provider wont count as valid excuse in any fashion.

for me the point was mainly the 24h ban-proposal for a quit made by rammsteiner - it would be devastating for ql if every gamer that got a quit due con-issues would get a 24h ban.

+ Reply to Thread