+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Screen goes black

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    The display probably says the same thing whenever it doesn't get a signal. What is the exact make and model of the display?

Video card maybe isn't putting out a signal because it is in overheated, shut down type mode perhaps.

Junior Member Kenan93 is on a distinguished road
    Dont know,monitor is old SAMSUNG SyncMaster 794.Before him i had HPvs17 but he is broke down few months ago and repair is expensive.What u mean with that "shut down type mode" ?

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenan93 View Post
    Dont know,monitor is old SAMSUNG SyncMaster 794.Before him i had HPvs17 but he is broke down few months ago and repair is expensive.What u mean with that "shut down type mode" ?
    You see this then probably: http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/277/hxy.png

I mean that perhaps the card overheats, and it turns itself off to prevent damage.

You should be able to check its temperature in the Catalyst Control Center by going to the 'overdrive' tab:

http://www.legitreviews.com/images/r...897/ccc_oc.jpg

You could say run QL, and then go to windowed mode (ALT+ENTER) and then bring that up to see what the temp is.

I've heard that this kind of thing can also happen with a faulty PSU, but that seems less likely to me. What ATI card do you have? Any chance of info on your PSU?

Yea thats it,that litlle Hz ? appearing on screen.It looks like I have to download that Overdrive i cant find him on my Catalyst Control Center.
    This is my graphic card : http://static-slike-ftp.pik.ba/galer...44e-velika.jpg
    Club 3D x 1550,512 MB
    Chip type: ATI Radeon Graphic Processor AGP (7x7146)
    DAC Type :Internal DAC (400MHz)
    Memory Size :512 MB
    Adapter String : RadeonX1300/X1550 Series

And PSU u mean Power Supply ?
    Output is +12v - 19 A
    300W Max
    Last edited by Kenan93; 06-26-2013 at 10:27 AM.

Maybe try updating the graphics card drivers.

I tried it but there is no changes :/ only option now is to take comp on service and thats it

Quote Originally Posted by Kenan93 View Post
    I tried it but there is no changes :/ only option now is to take comp on service and thats it
    Try this: http://www.overclock.net/t/108855/ho...ng-in-ati-tool

Also you might be able to check temperatures in the bios, but probably these will be system temps. They also might shed some light on the problem though.

I had some problems after updating graphic card,my comp didnt want to turn on so I dont want download anything anymore.Thank u very much for help i will have to take him on service and try to change my fan on graphic card and see will that make any changes

+ Reply to Thread