+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Screen goes black

Junior Member Kenan93 is on a distinguished road

Screen goes black

Hey,I have problem,after I enter the game my screen turns black with a white floating box written "Hz ?" inside ?" dont know what that mean,any idea what it could be ?
    please help

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Try this stuff:

http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...tries-to-start

I'm guessing that the "white box" is coming from your display.

No i read this already.I enter the game and then after few minutes of playing screen goes black and than that small box appears.My speakers work and i can hear everything.I hope someone will know what is problem

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    What _exactly_ does that box say?

What do you do to get back to the desktop?

I cant i must shut down computer on button when that happend
    it says "Hz ?"
    Last edited by Kenan93; 06-24-2013 at 11:44 AM.

What if you hit alt+enter ?

That should at least switch to windowed mode.

What is the brand/model of the display?

What video card?

Senior Member Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston's Avatar
    Vigilanteville, Moderation State, The World.
    Hz = hertz... so most likely a refresh rate issue (I'm sure you were already on that Lorfa)... check r_displayrefresh setting is compatible with ur monitor as suggested in Lorfa's link

I have tried all of this guys,but its still dont working,my video card is ATI

Quote Originally Posted by Kenan93 View Post
    I have tried all of this guys,but its still dont working,my video card is ATI
    Does this happen in other games? I'm pretty sure the Q3 demo is free if you want to test that.

It could be that your card is overheating. If you have a way to check its temps I would check them.

I suppose you could just check it for dust and if the fan on it is running properly.

Its happend 5 days ago,few days before it while I was playing I could hear fan of graphic card when turn on it was noisy,and than happend that problem whit black screen,the first thing I noticed is that I have not heard my fan of graphic card,so i decide to check it for dust,it was really dirty.After I cleaned that I instal drivers of graphic card and tried to play QL but that didnt help.Then I download some program called SpeedFan where u can control fan speed of graphic card and I saw that fan speed is already on 100% but hes not reacting.I didnt try it on other games I play only QL.But i dont know then why appears that small box with "Hz ?"inside,maybe its connected somehow.Probably fan of video card dont work anymore

+ Reply to Thread