+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chat binds don't work in online TDM and CTF games.

Senior Member o0MrCheesy0o is on a distinguished road o0MrCheesy0o's Avatar

Question Chat binds don't work in online TDM and CTF games.

Hello,
    I wanted a script that announced to my team what weapon I had dropped in TDM and CTF games, so I attempted to make one. It works in a practice game, but when I connect to a TDM/CTF server MOUSE4 drops the weapon without telling the team which weapon I'd dropped, but the null command still gets executed. Is there a reason why say_team doesn't work in my script when connected to a server? The following is the drop shotgun portion of the script:
    Code:
    bind MOUSE3 "+sg"
    alias +sg "weapon 3"
    alias -sg "bind MOUSE4 vstr dropsg"
    set dropsg "dropweapon;say_team ^7Dropped ^3SG^7!;vstr null"
    set null "bind MOUSE4 echo "
    Nom nom nom nom!

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by o0MrCheesy0o View Post
    I wanted a script that announced to my team what weapon I had dropped in TDM and CTF games, so I attempted to make one. It works in a practice game, but when I connect to a TDM/CTF server MOUSE4 drops the weapon without telling the team which weapon I'd dropped, but the null command still gets executed.
    Try this:

bind mouse3 "vstr sg"
    set sg "weapon 3 ; bind mouse4 vstr dropsg"

set dropsg "dropweapon ; wait 125 ; vstr sgspeak ; vstr null"
    set sgspeak "say_team Dropped SG"
    set null "unbind mouse4"

The draw back is you'll be immobilized for 500 ms while dropping a weapon, and if you are holding a movement key it will get 'stuck on' temporarily. Luckily the 500 ms passes quickly.

There's also a minor issue that if you don't have the SG, but hit the SG button, it will set mouse4 to drop that weapon and say "SG dropped".

Is there a reason why say_team doesn't work in my script when connected to a server?
    It was done to prevent some kind exploit. I forget what exactly.

Senior Member o0MrCheesy0o is on a distinguished road o0MrCheesy0o's Avatar
    Thanks for answering my questions. I don't want a delay, so I think I'll just scrap the idea (:- )
    Nom nom nom nom!

+ Reply to Thread