+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Problem with constant stutters

Senior Member c3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by nyoshk View Post
    Now i use very weak onboard graphics but game has no stutters so it might be something with pci-e. But I still have warping enemy models. I am still very slow and I take way too much damage. Maybe its my connection. I have a little better quake but its still hard to play. Anyway its an improvemen.
    It's not a PCI-E problem. I doubt your PCI-E port is defective... Sure it's a possibility but highly improbable. I also can't believe you couldn't resolve your stuttering issue if you updated to a stable driver set such as 12.10 and followed the performance optimization guide I gave you.

Detail all the changes you made so we can help you diagnose further. Also, what monitor are you using? Please state brand & model name. It's possible you have a high input lag monitor causing this 'late reaction' feeling or losing damage and not understanding how it happened so quickly...

Junior Member nyoshk is on a distinguished road
    Hi I tried all combinations in bios and from that guide. Crt monitors are SyncMaster 795DF and VisionMaster pro 455 and lcd SyncMaster 2243NW. I had two different configurations and exactly the same problem. I didn't change five years old optical disc drive only.

Senior Member c3 is on a distinguished road
    Hi I tried all combinations in bios and from that guide. Crt monitors are SyncMaster 795DF and VisionMaster pro 455 and lcd SyncMaster 2243NW. I had two different configurations and exactly the same problem. I didn't change five years old optical disc drive only.
    Hi Nyoshk,

Bummer. Can you please download 'DPC Latency Checker (Google it),' run it for 5 minutes, take a screenshot of it and post back here?

Do you see any improvements? You must see some improvements after all those tweaks, especially the BIOS tweaks regarding HPET and C-State power settings. If it is a hardware issue, it's more likely to be related to your RAM or mouse. Could be your motherboard, but that's pretty uncommon. Anyways, go get dpc latency checker, run it and take a screenshot for us so we can get a better idea. If it's spiking or incredibly high, we can narrow it down.

One last thing. You said you're using a 5-year old optical drive? For my system, I disable my disc drive when playing because the drivers used for it significantly increase my DPC Latency, hence, more lag, stutter, etc. Go into your device manager and disable the optical drive while running DPC Latency Checker. If you DPC latency significantly drops with it disabled, then you have found one of the culprits.

I got almost no benefits, no matter what I do problem stays the same. Now i use geforce gt620 and the level is much smoother but I still have exactly the same stuttering enemy models and I can't get solid 125 fps, 5 drops randomly. Disabling optical didn't help. I am having trouble hitting bots in q3. One slight mistake and I'm dead. http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/8623/hwe7.jpg

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    I got almost no benefits, no matter what I do problem stays the same. Now i use geforce gt620 and the level is much smoother but I still have exactly the same stuttering enemy models and I can't get solid 125 fps, 5 drops randomly. Disabling optical didn't help. I am having trouble hitting bots in q3. One slight mistake and I'm dead. http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/8623/hwe7.jpg
    Er what do you mean by 5 drops randomly?

You can run a test in QL, set com_maxFPS to 122, and see if it stays there. If it does it pretty much assures that you aren't getting FPS drops.

It should be noted that changing maxfps won't change the actual FPS shown unless it is an integer value of 1000/x, the next number below 125 being 111.

If you're using cg_nopredict 0, and cl_timenudge 0 your models shouldn't stutter.

When you changed the refresh rate did the display's OSD report that it had been changed? Like if you do displayRefresh 120, does your OSD actually report 120 Hz?

Yea 122 is stable but enemies still warp or rubberband. I always shoot rocket behind them, in dm6 for example when we both jump down to mega, I can't hit the guy in the air. Rocket always fly way behind him. I don't see any display notification when i set 120 hz, it only looks better even warps **** it up big time.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Yea 122 is stable but enemies still warp or rubberband. I always shoot rocket behind them, in dm6 for example when we both jump down to mega, I can't hit the guy in the air. Rocket always fly way behind him. I don't see any display notification when i set 120 hz, it only looks better even warps **** it up big time.
    ..and you get this stuttering in practice mode too? Do just the models stutter or is there stuttering on the map too?

Bots are slow and they look ok but I can feel it is wrong, stuttering is very subtle, very iritating. Map looks fine, maybe it stutters a little rarely. Models stutter and i take maximum damage every time. I somehow lag and eat every shot + ppl bounce me in the air every time. Same in q3.

Can you post a demo of you playing QL online? It might give some insight into what's happening.

+ Reply to Thread