Thread: Problem with constant stutters

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    what operating system?
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    uninstall ASUS AI Suite if you have it on your pc. ASUS employee made an uninstaller for it,being that it leaves all sorts of trash behind.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...untry=&status=
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

Junior Member nyoshk is on a distinguished road
    Yes i have stutters in q3 and quake live, even in quake 1 on Steam, but quake 1 on nQuake is perfect. I got SyncMaster 795DF, 800x600, r_displayrefresh 0, i tried 120 and i didn't notice much difference. I use xp 32 sp2 but i tried windows 7 64, ubuntu different versions and linux ultimate edition. In linux I feel like level is smoother but player models warp as always and i never hit them with rocket in legs but they always manage to warp out and recieve a bit of splash damage. I don't have ASUS AI Suite. Thanx 4 stopping by helping me out, I realy need to fix this! Gaming is not fun for me :/

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    So cg_drawFPS 1, the FPS does _not_ stay consistent at 125? It can flicker a little bit, but does it drop a lot?

Across so many OS', hmm. You might try one of those bad memory stick testers maybe.

Yea 5 flickers. It's probably no big deal but subtle constant stuttering. Do you know why nQuake runs smooth then? It is perfect and i realy enjoy game. It may be something with opengl or something like that. Computer is fine and I gave it to shop where i bought components and they tested the memory and hardware and it is fine. In duel I am having hard time against 1300 elo and last summer, for some reason, i had almost perfect smooth quake live for two games and I destroyed 1800 elo guy. Thats how bad this is. I think my computer make lag, it is slow so always eat rockets when CA round start and die fast. Its like everyone react faster than me. I also eat alot direct rockets and nade spam, rails and lg behind pillars and walls. I am definitely slower on server.

Senior Member c3 is on a distinguished road
    Uhm, did you read my post? Did you try the things that I suggested?

Your stuttering is likely driver related, not hardware. Uninstall your current video drivers using the uninstall method I suggested. Download and install Catalyst 12.10 drivers. Make sure all your motherboard chipset drivers are up to date, this also includes your BIOS firmware. Also, download DPC latency checker and run it for 5 min. Take a screenshot and post it back here.

Disable HPET in your bios. You'll see a significant boost in responsiveness... HPET is the devil when it comes to gaming because it causes stuttering and adds a tremendous amount of input lag. Also, disable all your C-State power settings in your BIOS. The fact that you say you feel like everyone is reacting faster than you is probably because they are. I dealt w/ this same exact issue for nearly 12 months. INPUT LAG & STUTTER.

Try all of those things. You need to knock out all the possible variables to locate the culprit.

I'd focus on this guide first, then come back if you're still experiencing issues:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1315790
    Last edited by c3; 06-24-2013 at 12:26 PM.

Ok I will focus on that and give feedback, thanx!

Junior Member eMbAh is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by c3 View Post
    Uhm, did you read my post? Did you try the things that I suggested?

Your stuttering is likely driver related, not hardware. Uninstall your current video drivers using the uninstall method I suggested. Download and install Catalyst 12.10 drivers. Make sure all your motherboard chipset drivers are up to date, this also includes your BIOS firmware. Also, download DPC latency checker and run it for 5 min. Take a screenshot and post it back here.

Disable HPET in your bios. You'll see a significant boost in responsiveness... HPET is the devil when it comes to gaming because it causes stuttering and adds a tremendous amount of input lag. Also, disable all your C-State power settings in your BIOS. The fact that you say you feel like everyone is reacting faster than you is probably because they are. I dealt w/ this same exact issue for nearly 12 months. INPUT LAG & STUTTER.

Try all of those things. You need to knock out all the possible variables to locate the culprit.

I'd focus on this guide first, then come back if you're still experiencing issues:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1315790
    Im curious why do you recommend the 12.10 driver specifically?

Senior Member c3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by eMbAh View Post
    Im curious why do you recommend the 12.10 driver specifically?
    I've dealt w/ Input Lag for a great deal of time and did a lot of research. I also tested out virtually every catalyst driver there is and found 12.10 to be most stable and stutter / input lag (relatively) free. I got the best results from 12.10, and the community also agrees it's the most stable 12 series catalyst driver out there based on countless tests over time.

I specifically asked he used 12.10 because it's a good way to start knocking out the variables to find the source of his stuttering. 12.10 is known for being STABLE w/ no stuttering issues.

Now i use very weak onboard graphics but game has no stutters so it might be something with pci-e. But I still have warping enemy models. I am still very slow and I take way too much damage. Maybe its my connection. I have a little better quake but its still hard to play. Anyway its an improvemen.

+ Reply to Thread