+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to configure?

How to configure?

I'm a beginner and I would like to know how to configure the game.
    I've seen some pro players and they had different graphics etc.

Senior Member intheway will become famous soon enough intheway's Avatar

It would also help if you put all of your questions in one thread instead of starting multiple threads.

There is a forum sub-section called "getting started". Take a few hours and read thru it.
    Sometimes I wonder...
    "Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"
    Then it hits me.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Guide in my sig! :-)

Junior Member Damtrok is on a distinguished road
    Even without going inside the console (which gives you in depth control) there are a few things you can do to improve the clarity of the game :

Game Settings -> Advanced

-> Team options : Force Enemy Model : Keel bright
    If you see a big green dude, shoot him. Keel Bright is a standard because he represents well the hitbox of the ennemy (TankJr is also a staple, but i found his sounds annoying )
    You can also force your team model (i put Visor Bright)

-> Video options : Texture Detail : Poor
    It makes the game clearer, you distinguish more easily your ennemies

You can use a custom HUD if it helps you : for example, Strenx likes having a bigger timer. You can make a custom HUD here.

Your mouse config is also very important, there is a lot of ressources about it on the forums (Ultimate Quake Guide and stuff) so check it out. It's quite personnal so i cannot really give you advice on that except search until you find the perfect setup : you feel comfortable, can shaft properly and do quick Rocket Jump.

You may want to check your FOV, some people don't like the basic FOV and want a larger one to me more aware of what's going on.

It's really basic advices, you may already know everything i said butif you don't give it a look ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    Guide in my sig! :-)
    Mother of God, this is so helpful. Thank you!

+ Reply to Thread