+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Transferring QL cfg ro Q3 for Defrag

Junior Member Shahe is on a distinguished road

Transferring QL cfg ro Q3 for Defrag

http://pastebin.com/a8pSn8c7

That is my cfg, what do I need to do to execute it in Q3 and do I need to make any changes, if you could provide a solution step by step
    as I'm not sure what to move over and to where either. Thanks

*Looking at Lorfa expectantly...* ;P

Quote Originally Posted by metapsy View Post
    It should be fine, they're both Q3 mods kinda. Launch DeFrag with your QL cfg and see what happens?
    How would I do that? Where to do I copy the cfg files and stuff and do I just copy the all of the same stuff? Like the cfg and the auto exec files

Senior Member Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa's Avatar
    What client is used for defrag meta?

If it's CNQ3 or Q3A point release client there is a version with raw input for both of them (in_mouse 3). That would equivalent to in_mouse 2 in QL.

Not sure about the other cvars yet.

Yeah, Q3A 1.32 with defrag and dfengine. Not sure what my sense should be then Lorfa haha

Senior Member Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa's Avatar
    Get Q3A 1.32 with raw input support here.

This config has a lot of issues..

There is no alias in Q3A, and it doesn't like capital letters with binds.

There's also a bunch of cvars that don't exist in it used here.

A lot of cvars don't exist until you enter a map in Q3A, but entering a map and then exec'ing your config causes a crash.

Your sens would be the same, it just might feel different if you don't use the raw version and in_mouse 3.

Ok, I commented out all the non-Q3 cvars, of which there were a great many. I also changed a couple of cvars whose name I knew was different in Q3 off the top of my head.

I'm not sure how that movement cancellation script (I've never seen one outside of quakeworld) could work in defrag, unless defrag enables extra cvars such as +vstr or alias.

http://www.filedropper.com/shaheq3

In the zip I also included the original for reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    Ok, I commented out all the non-Q3 cvars, of which there were a great many. I also changed a couple of cvars whose name I knew was different in Q3 off the top of my head.

I'm not sure how that movement cancellation script (I've never seen one outside of quakeworld) could work in defrag, unless defrag enables extra cvars such as +vstr or alias.

http://www.filedropper.com/shaheq3

In the zip I also included the original for reference.
    So to confirm, I should delete the // cvars? Or does the // already nullify them? Also thanks a lot for this!

Quote Originally Posted by Shahe View Post
    So to confirm, I should delete the // cvars? Or does the // already nullify them? Also thanks a lot for this!
    It works great lorfa, railgun isn't working, but i dont need it anyway, cheers its just for defrag, Q3 physics feel a bit more dreamy than quake live the gravity is weird but nice!

The // nullfies them.

Regarding the railgun, probably it's a mouse4/mouse5 issue:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r137...use5-in-quake3

Quake3 is more picky about this than QL.
    Last edited by Lorfa; 06-14-2013 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    The // nullfies them.

Regarding the railgun, probably it's a mouse4/mouse5 issue:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r137...use5-in-quake3

Quake3 is more picky about this than QL.
    Whats the crosshair no for the dot with a circle around it in Quake 3, it's crosshair 7 in QL

+ Reply to Thread