+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The weirdest thing I can't fix by myself.

*17khaazar17

The weirdest thing I can't fix by myself.

Heya, basically the screenshots describes it all.

Tried everything, /exec different configs, restoring config to default, deleting current qzconfig, reinstalling the game... Nothing helps. Drivers were recently updated too [nvidia 310m].

How to make my crosshair and other things look normal?
    Thank you in advance for help.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by 17khaazar17; 06-10-2013 at 09:13 AM.

Senior Member Dr_Mr_Ed will become famous soon enough Dr_Mr_Ed's Avatar
    Looks like some kind of anti-aliasing issue. Check the NVIDIA control panel thing and see if what they're set at.

Personally, I've never even gotten AA to work with my Nvidia card, so this is just a guess.
    Any sufficiently skilled player is indistinguishable from a hacker (to paraphrase Arthur C Clarke)

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    try using the gpu drivers from the manufacture, not nvidia
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

*17khaazar17
    Thanks for attention but didn't helped.

Any other ideas?

Senior Member mi will become famous soon enough
    For some reason the icons get blurred, try r_picmip 0, r_texturemode "GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR". Maybe also change r_roundImagesDown, r_simpleMipMaps. Also set everything in nvidia control panel to highest possible quality.

Junior Member STREBER is on a distinguished road
    I'm sure it's in nvidia control panel, set antialiasing to 4x, or balanced settings?

*17khaazar17
    Tried everything in my nvidia control panel, the highest, the lowest, in-the-bottom settings, custom settings with AA 4x/2x/off and other quality change things. Still nothing, no success. I just restored everything to default because I thought about one thing.

I'm a gamer. I play lots of things including q3, cpma, nfs and bunch of other games. I've got no problems everywhere but here. It's quite pointless to change all the setting because qlive happens to show me blurred items and gives no crosshair to shoot. This has to be something messed up in the config. I remember I was execing configs from pro-players and then one day everything's screwed. Maybe it's these configs fault?

I upload also my current qzconfig just to let someone smart enough look at it - maybe you'll see something wrong?
    If config's alright then I literally give up on qlive and I won't be able to comeback after a year.

Thank you for anyone looking into config.
    Here's the link:
    http://www.speedyshare.com/ZBEDc/qzconfig.cfg

Senior Member Dr_Mr_Ed will become famous soon enough Dr_Mr_Ed's Avatar
    I agree with your position -- if everything else works, but QL is off, it's likely QL specific, so no need to screw up every other setting.

I'm not sure how you reset you're stuff, but here's the regular technique:
    * Back up your config file(s)
    * Rename/delete any autoexec.cfg
    * Delete qzconfig.cfg & repconfig.cfg
    * Do the Reset to Default on the website

That should clear away any custom crap you might have and get you back to day 1. If you then exec your config and it happens again, we'll definitely be able to parse that and figure it out. The qzconfig is tough to parse because they're like 300 lines of unsorted, uncommented settings.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Do exactly what Mr. Ed suggested.

If that doesn't fix it, try exec'ing this config:

http://www.filedropper.com/khazar1

It's your same config with the junk removed, and some odd values that you had returned to normal.

*17khaazar17
    Heya again,

DrMrEd, thanks for your instructions but that still doesn't work, I have even reinstalled qlive with every single thing removed [.cfg and .dll's]. Nothing.
    Lorfa, your link has expired already but even if I really doubt it would help.

This thing is too strange.

Why nothing works?

+ Reply to Thread