+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why aren't more US players using faceit?

Senior Member Chibers will become famous soon enough Chibers's Avatar

Why aren't more US players using faceit?

I mean, DAILY 2v2 tdm/ca, some 4v4 tdm/ca every now and then, always something with duel going on. AND it's structured. Wasn't that what everyone was fussing about a year or two ago?

Maybe it just hasn't been promoted the right way, or enough people don't know/care about this, but I feel anyone who's wanted to play in a comp setting outside of pickups would be all about this. ;\
    #TATW
    It's more fun when you're mellow

Member easytarget is on a distinguished road easytarget's Avatar
    It is going to take awhile to catch on here in North America but we will continue to bring/host these events Monday to Friday. Myself and twitch will be around each night so if you are interested in playing just sign on up.

Senior Member everamzah is on a distinguished road everamzah's Avatar

Junior Member Teknician is on a distinguished road
    I'll take a look around mid august (bying a new computer and moving in my new appartement on 17h august) !

I beleive the best way to promote it is to talk about it ''in game'' to good players. I didn't know about that website! And maybe if all websites that organize league matches or matches for fun could be pinned at the top of ''Competitive Play'' it might help a bit to promote it too!

Senior Member CPTcman is on a distinguished road
    I've signed up but haven't had the chance to try it out. I'll give it a go next time I'm home and in the mood for a good structured whoppin'

Senior Member Dr_Mr_Ed will become famous soon enough Dr_Mr_Ed's Avatar
    TBH, structure crosses the line from "casual" game to something more. Personally, my schedule isn't very regular, and I hop on QL and play when I can. Some days work may be slow and I'll get 4 hours in, then I won't play for 4 days. To get into something scheduled and structured is quite intimidating to start with -- and then there's the caliber of players you expect to see in such tournaments. But IDK, maybe you're talking more to those guys than the casual NA folks.

Member Elegant is on a distinguished road Elegant's Avatar
    I've signed up and made my clans team page as well.

This site looks very promising and amazing.

Thanks for the information , will be requiring my whole clan to join.

Personally , I think if you post in general discussion with more information / pics you will get a lot more views / people to join.

I also think this should be a sticky in this section.
    Last edited by Elegant; 07-15-2013 at 11:18 AM.

Junior Member c4ta1yst is on a distinguished road c4ta1yst's Avatar
    all signed up, but little activity stateside

Senior Member Ph4nt0m is on a distinguished road Ph4nt0m's Avatar
    If faceit includes iCTF and iFT, there are 200+ players waiting to hop on in a matter of weeks. The NA insta community is supremely active, friendly and has always wanted a clean structure to play competitively. There have been tournaments conducted, which always has great participation but then dies down slowly due to mismanagement. I don't see such issues with faceit, and it could be the perfect platform.

Let me know if you guys decide to do something about it, and I can name a few folks (I included) that can spread the word real quick.

Best,
    Ph4nt0m
    The mighty oak was once a little nut that stood it's ground

+ Reply to Thread