+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: June 2013 Standard Rotation

Senior Member vurun is on a distinguished road vurun's Avatar
    That's the point about majority of consumers - no sense whatsoever. I've just made that point even more solid

You could always ask your parents for a new computer for Christmas.....
    "PC for dummies BFG edition" would seem more suitable.
    Last edited by vurun; 06-04-2013 at 12:44 AM.
    VG278HE@144Hz + EC2evo + Manticor + Lycosa+ SS Siberia v2

QL doesn't need more tiers, it needs more players (С)

Senior Member drohne is on a distinguished road
    A last word from me regarding the fps-drop issue: imo it has sth to do with the lights/lightspots (amount etc.) on these maps. in me view q3/ql is a game thats all about skill, and every gamer i know uses reduced settings for max-performance, no matter how it may look. regarding this, a map should also be build for delivering max-performance for a max of computer-systems.
    btw on all former q3-maps i dont have ANY fps-drops, so me machine is capable to handle ql well.
    imo a ql-map-builder should ALWAYS have in mind to deliver a map that is able to deliver a perfect gameplay and not a "shiny" or whatever fancy look and i shouldn need a graph-card with 8 gb ram for playin ql - i played q3 with a geforce 2 and 64 (or 128, iam not sure) mb ram, without any fps-drops
    and please dont say ql is not q3 - i know that, but me pc-system now is mucho mucho stronger than me old q3-running-machine more than 10 years ago and, like i already mentioned, handles all but a very few maps damn well

addition: maps i got truble: quarantine, asylum, fluoroscent; all others run a stabil 125 fps on me system
    Last edited by drohne; 06-05-2013 at 01:54 AM.

Senior Member intheway will become famous soon enough intheway's Avatar
    My fps on all maps is solid 125 at all times. Never flickers. Of course my graphics are set for maximum target visability and not maximum prettiness.
    Sometimes I wonder...
    "Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"
    Then it hits me.

Junior Member KillerBehindYou is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for Quarantine, Asylum, Brimstone Abbey. I like it a lot.
    If someone has a problem with those maps, just buy new computer. :ASD Maps with bugs, lags...? Imagine something. You have just bought a new 2013 game. And you've bought your computer in 2006. Will you grumble 'bout lags, bugs? Just fix it somehow the hell.
    Grim Dungeons is almost OK.
    I don't mind Cliffside. But...
    But craps like Wargrounds? No way. There's no place for that.

*foshizzlebro
    *killerBehindYou are u braindead?

quake is 10years old, if we would put that into yout 2013 game->2006 pc story,this guy would have a 1999 pc...
    a fact is,that even my quadcore 8gb system does create lags only on quarantine,no where else...
    but u know best <3

Senior Member theMolester is on a distinguished road theMolester's Avatar
    Your graphics card is far more important to Quake than processor and ram.
    Friend all SPAWN members to receive invites to Premium servers!! Click to learn SpaceCTF

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theMolester View Post
    Your graphics card is far more important to Quake than processor and ram.
    Except if you're playing on Terminatria, where for some reason it's the CPU being the bottleneck for lots of people (other people have reported the following things help them: 1. switching QL to high priority, 2. setting processor/core affinity to a single core on AMD, 3. disabling antivirus).

Senior Member drohne is on a distinguished road
    simplest solution for me (and like it seems to others also): i dont play that 3 maps i got trubles, at least not much. and i dare to say for the ctf-map fluoroscent, the fps-drops (i heard many playerz complaining about it) is one of the reasons (if not the only one) that u wont see much matches running on that map...
    Buying a new card only because i have trubles on 3 maps is for me no option, and iam sure that with some improvements/changes those fps-drops could be fixed on that maps. maybe its some driver-compatibility-trubles or whatever, iam no expert
    btw - on the weekend we got the new maps for update 17 free i tried all the new maps in that package - and i got no fps-drops on those at all
    Last edited by drohne; 06-05-2013 at 03:25 AM.

*Billiejoe92
    Longest Yard...............

Senior Member intheway will become famous soon enough intheway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billiejoe92 View Post
    Longest Yard...............
    That was last month...you'll likely have to wait 3-4 months to see it again.
    Sometimes I wonder...
    "Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"
    Then it hits me.

+ Reply to Thread