+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quakelive Profiles buttons for different settings??

Junior Member TheHellKnight is on a distinguished road TheHellKnight's Avatar

Quakelive Profiles buttons for different settings??

Hello. So I had a thought <---rare occurrence. So I change my visual settings allot. (idk why, I just do). Why not have like 5 profile buttons in the settings menu. Each profile button would save EVERY settings option AND the whole Quake config. So say if I wanted my today's Quake game play to look "bloomy" with different enemy models and a different LG display, save a profile for that. ALSO I could just save my STANDARD settings to "Profile 1" , so if I change allot of Quake setting and don't like them, I can just click "Profile 1" to go back to what I normally use. I think its a good idea myself :/ Kinda like what Logitech Software does. They have "Profiles" for there devices, that hold different settings. Also let me know if you understand what I'm saying. I sometimes fail when trying to explain things. Cheers! And happy fraggin!
    Last edited by TheHellKnight; 06-01-2013 at 08:43 PM.

Senior Member CPTcman is on a distinguished road
    Easily done if you create 5 separate configs and include in each of them key binds such as /bind F9 "exec profile1", /bind F10 "exec profile2" etc.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    To further clarify, to create a new config you would write "/writeconfig <CONFIG NAME>", with "<CONFIG NAME>" being whatever you want to call it.

Senior Member Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston's Avatar
    ^ what pika says basically: create separate config files for each group of settings, then in your autoexec you bind some keys to switch between the different config files

Junior Member TheHellKnight is on a distinguished road TheHellKnight's Avatar
    I did figure this could be done through binds. Quake is awesome like that xD But I would still rather have 5 buttons in the settings menu. I think its easier. Now tell me guys. Do you like the idea? Or no? Also maybe just have a "Revert to your standard settings" or something. Because geez. If I change a bunch of settings and I hate them, I have to go all the way and change each of them back. I mean there is quite allot of settings that Quake has lol. But I guess I shouldn't be lazy huh?

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    The issue with adding more things to the menu is that it makes things a lot harder to navigate. I'd say no simply because (assuming most) people that would want to have multiple configs would probably understand how writeconfig works and such and wouldn't be needing the menu.

+ Reply to Thread