+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Suggestions

*Rambo_Bill

My Suggestions

1. Empty public matches are stoppped when a subscriber match of the same game type becomes available in that location.

2. Ability to enter a title for a match that you start.

3. Up subscriber match drop from 15 minutes of inactivity to an hour.

4. Q3CTF4 for FFA without premium.

5. Per map settings for matches. So you could have different weapons, gravity and such to mix it up.
    Last edited by Rambo_Bill; 05-30-2013 at 09:28 PM. Reason: replaced word server with match to make clearer, added detail and more stuff

Senior Member Balarick is on a distinguished road
    yeah more people will play with that.

*Rambo_Bill
    What's your point Balarick, it is unclear.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo_Bill View Post
    1. Empty public matches are stoppped when a subscriber match of the same game type becomes available in that location.
    I'm not sure what motivation behind this idea is.

Anyways, I don't like the idea since for example if I was a premium subscriber and someone is hosting an 8 player ca that I want nothing to do with, and would prefer to play a 2v2 ca I cannot at that location since there are no public servers. That would be terrible.

2. Ability to enter a title for a match that you start.
    This has been suggested many times and is under consideration by the QL team.

SyncError posted about it here:

http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...l=1#post242318

4. Q3CTF4 for FFA without premium.
    This is "Vortex Portal", and I couldn't care less if it's premium or not.

5. Per map settings for matches. So you could have different weapons, gravity and such to mix it up.
    That's an interesting idea, I just think that so far the demand for such a thing is not high enough to warrant all the extra options.

*Rambo_Bill
    Lorfa,
    Thank you for the reply. The motivation behind #1 is so that subscriber matches do not have to compete against public matches for players and so more people would be motivated to pay for a subscription so they could have the matches they wanted. You want players on the subscriber matches to support the whole subscription idea. You want people to want to start their own matches to help support the game as well. Paying for a subscription but then everyone joins the public match with the same settings sucks.

It's good to know #2 is being considered, I think it's important to give the game some character back.

As far as some maps being premium and some not I do not see the point behind that one, with a user base so small the last thing I'd think you would want to do would be to segregate them.
    Last edited by Rambo_Bill; 05-31-2013 at 09:15 PM. Reason: I keep using the word server instead of match. My guess is many matches are on one server nowadays.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo_Bill View Post
    The motivation behind #1 is so that subscriber matches do not have to compete against public matches for players and so more people would be motivated to pay for a subscription so they could have the matches they wanted. You want players on the subscriber matches to support the whole subscription idea. You want people to want to start their own matches to help support the game as well. Paying for a subscription but then everyone joins the public match with the same settings sucks.
    Spawned matches already appear at the top of the list. To also close down public matches if they fit the same settings seems a bit harsh to premium users, and gives pro users a lot more power, perhaps too much.

As far as some maps being premium and some not I do not see the point behind that one, with a user base so small the last thing I'd think you would want to do would be to segregate them.
    Within the context of premium vs. standard maps, I don't care if vortex is in either.

As for having segregated maps themselves, it does suck but if they do not do this then there is little difference content wise between premium and standard. They have to sell something to keep the ship afloat.

The lack of map voting on standard servers is really lousy though.

Junior Member Shahe is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    That's an interesting idea, I just think that so far the demand for such a thing is not high enough to warrant all the extra options.
    I was thinking about this too, I think an lg only clan arena mode would be pretty awesome, no camping or anything either.

+ Reply to Thread