+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: remove timenudge

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    drohne:
    It's due to HIS connection. Ping is irrelevant for warping. You can have packet loss with low ping as well.

To OP and similar minded:
    For further reading on timenudge and netcode in general, I like to give you this link: http://www.ra.is/unlagged/

On the left hand side you find a menu. Read the parts "A solution" and a bit further down the part "What's cl_timenudge?". No way this can make you lag/warp for others.

No. way.

However, I'm all for removing timenudge. End this ten year lasting "whine about an option nobody understands"-cycle ffs!
    Last edited by malk_; 06-17-2013 at 08:49 AM.
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

Senior Member Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drohne View Post
    but me main question seems not to be answered: why only one player with lowping (30) is warpin on ME screen.
    I did explain exactly that. If you're looking at the scoreboard you very likely may not see his ping fluctuating.

if all other players and i do NOT warp, it cant have sth to do with me con, and why this player can warp heavily on ME screen but seems able to play without any disturbances on his aim and movementskill.
    I explained that too.

While packet loss and extremely low fps are horrible, a rapidly changing ping appears to be more manageable, even if it is also very unpleasant.

Like I explained above in more detail, good players can adapt to bad circumstances and still manage to aim and move alright.

Everybody who tried to play, letz say with a ping of 200 and above, knows how hard it is to hit anything, or at least has some serious influence of ones gameplay.
    And on me screen some guyz with letz say ping 30 warp like a player with instable ping 200 and above.
    It doesn't mean that he is experiencing anything like a 200 ping.

No skill can imo explain a lg acc of 30-40 percent despite of heavy warping.
    Of course it can.

Conclusion: if on HIS screen he is NOT warping (which would explain his undisturbed lg accuracy), so why is he then warpin on ME screen, which ofc makes him hard to hit
    This is because the netcode is sufficiently strong that the game can still appear smooth to someone whose ping is spiking rapidly, however they will likely feel a decreased response time in their movement keys, shooting, jumping, etc. They will also often experience a lack of 'truth' in enemy positions.

Anomalies such as through-rails and an LG that has a strange hit and miss relationship with where the enemy player model is shown are very common here. They can still be adapted to and played through to some degree.

Senior Member Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by malk_ View Post
    However, I'm all for removing timenudge. End this ten year lasting "whine about an option nobody understands"-cycle ffs!
    Maybe if they renamed it to "cl_fastshow" or something people would be less paranoid.

Really people are upset about warping players and they use timenudge as a scapegoat, even though it has nothing to do with it.

Senior Member drohne is on a distinguished road
    Well, well, i hope our lil discussion and lorfas explanations brought some light into darkness - thx

Junior Member selven_blah is on a distinguished road
    I don't have a latency at best lower than 119ms, cl_timenudge is worth it. You can enable or disable that based on how much lag you have, and disable lower latency users to be unable to use it, but, i don't think that is much of an issue.

+ Reply to Thread