+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My demo's don't record correctly

Junior Member mickzerofive is on a distinguished road

My demo's don't record correctly

my recent matches: http://www.quakelive.com/#!profile/matches/mickzerofive
    my most recent saved config: http://www.4seasonsgaming.com/mick/2013a.cfg
    my demos/screenshot folder: http://www.4seasonsgaming.com/mick/demos.jpg

i've tried toggling the screenshots+demo, screenshot only, demo only, off. Didn't do much

Senior Member CPTcman is on a distinguished road
    You may need to create a folder for your demos in your home/baseq3 directory.

Quote Originally Posted by CPTcman View Post
    You may need to create a folder for your demos in your home/baseq3 directory.
    i really appreciate you taking the time to read my thread..

although...
    http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mec1v5ORcJ1ruo0l3.png

Senior Member CPTcman is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by mickzerofive View Post
    i really appreciate you taking the time to read my thread..

although...
    http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mec1v5ORcJ1ruo0l3.png
    Apologies Replied whilst on filtered internet that wouldn't let me view the screenshot. Turn that frown upside down! What OP/plugin are you using? Have you tried QLPrim (with built-in demo player)? You have 29 days of playtime logged...is this a new problem? I'll pass this on to someone more senior now

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    I don't understand the problem you are having. Can you explain more clearly?

Senior Member swampy will become famous soon enough swampy will become famous soon enough swampy's Avatar
    Not sure what's going on? Are you having trouble recording demos, playing demos or both?

For Playing demos I use Quake Live Demo tools.. It's great..

QLDT

For recording a demo I use a script in my auto exec. As auto record demo in QL is flakey..

Simply change the bind s at lower left to whatever key you want..And you can start and stop a demo easily in game without having to use the console.

Code:
    // demo
    set start "record; set demotoggle vstr stop"
    set stop "stoprecord; set demotoggle vstr start"
    set demotoggle "vstr start"
    bind s "vstr demotoggle"
    Last edited by swampy; 05-18-2013 at 07:34 PM.
    Drunk Clan Motto--- "Have Fun, Everyone is Welcome"
    drunk clan

Stay drunk, Play drunk and chill

Quote Originally Posted by CPTcman View Post
    Apologies Replied whilst on filtered internet that wouldn't let me view the screenshot. Turn that frown upside down! What OP/plugin are you using? Have you tried QLPrim (with built-in demo player)? You have 29 days of playtime logged...is this a new problem? I'll pass this on to someone more senior now
    yes it's a new problem lol. I'm using google chrome -> ran in an application. And i've never had this problem with google chrome ran in an application before. And I hate prism, i've used it before and I use to get incredible fps spikes when people signed in/offline because I have over 150 friends on my list

Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    I don't understand the problem you are having. Can you explain more clearly?
    There is a command in quake live that automatically records your demos. As you can see from the image the demos are only recording when i spectate a game and not when i'm actually playing. And the screenshots are correctly being taken everygame that i play.

Quote Originally Posted by swampy View Post
    Not sure what's going on? Are you having trouble recording demos
    the thread is called "My demo's don't record correctly"... i mean really. If instead you had asked me "do they work when you manually type /record XXX" then I would have said YES they do. The problem is the command isn't working how it should, thus why i posted in the BUG forum not the "HELP" forum and linked my config and the folders
    Last edited by mickzerofive; 05-18-2013 at 09:39 PM.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mickzerofive View Post
    There is a command in quake live that automatically records your demos. As you can see from the image the demos are only recording when i spectate a game and not when i'm actually playing. And the screenshots are correctly being taken everygame that i play.
    Try moving all the demos into a separate directory to back them up such that baseq3/demos is empty.

I assume you're using cg_autoaction 3. You might also try 1 and see if that affects the problem to give insight into where this bug might exist.

will get back to you, i've created a new demos folder and moved the other one out

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    if you dont ready up (press f3) sometimes it wont record at the start. Does that for me sometimes, so I did this to check
    bind o "cl_demorecordmessage 0"
    bind p "cl_demoRecordMessage 2"
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

+ Reply to Thread