+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mouse accel 0 or 0.1?

Junior Member Lockdown is on a distinguished road

Mouse accel 0 or 0.1?

Which is the better setting and why? I currently have problems undershooting in close range LG (very poor accuracy only 21%) always the shaft is just where the target was before and not enough turning speed... so is 0.1 accel recommended or not?

Senior Member quiet_L is on a distinguished road
    Personally, accel doesn't really affect micromovements (which is what you'd be using in LG fights).

Accel is more advantageous to things like turning around faster and RJing smoother.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockdown View Post
    Which is the better setting and why?
    It depends on a bunch of factors, namely what mouse cpi you're using, sens, and personal preference.

I currently have problems undershooting in close range LG (very poor accuracy only 21%) always the shaft is just where the target was before and not enough turning speed...
    Then predict ahead, don't just try to shoot 'at' the player. You can't take what you see on screen too literally.. there are all kinds of latencies involved, even from your own brain.

I actually have the issue with accel 0 that mousing becomes too jumpy, as in I find it easiest to make fast 'jumpy' turns that are not conducive to LG'ing. It is one of the reasons why I use low sens and high accel. However there are plenty of excellent players using accel 0, so you just have to use what works for you.

I once made a chart based on injx's Q-value.

See it here: http://imageshack.us/a/img593/646/feel.png

Here is a key to interpret the graph:

The x axis represents sensitivity, and the y axis represents mouse accel. The point in the middle represented the sens/accel I used at the time, which was sens 3, accel 0.4 at 450 cpi.

Upper left - High accel, low sensitivity - "sticky"
    Lower left - Low accel, low sensitivity - "slow"
    Upper right - High accel, high sensitivity - "loose"
    Lower right - Low accel, high sensitivity - "jumpy"

Using this I was able to contemplate different 'symptoms' of bad lg'ing.

Too "sticky" and I had difficulty turning smoothly enough, as in my sensitivity would be too low so I would move more quickly to speed it up and it would suddenly sky rocket causing me to overshoot. (Extreme setting for testing would be sens 0, accel 1)

Too "slow" and I could not keep up with the enemy motions, or it simply took way too much energy to do so such that I became inconsistent. (Extreme setting for testing would be accel 0, and any very very low sensitivity, 70 cm/360+)

Too "loose" and I had to make a big effort to keep my hand moving slow otherwise I would overshoot. I would also have difficulty locking on. (Extreme setting for testing would be accel 1 and say 10 cm/360)

Too "jumpy" and I find myself unable to make the smooth motions needed for high dps. (Extreme setting for testing would be say accel 0 and maybe 5 cm/360)

So, any adjustments I have made have resulted in a sens/accel combination that is near the center of the 'x'.

This knowledge hasn't made me an LG king or w/e, just makes it so that I can usually find a comfortable sens provided I have a mouse that works for me (my favorite mouse broke and I'm waiting for a new one right now, so on a temporary one).

+ Reply to Thread