+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Why wont ID listen?

Senior Member lowlife1 is on a distinguished road lowlife1's Avatar
    I dont think its a hard game to play.Some people just have a knack for it,,and others struggle.Im one of many that has been struggling for 13 years or more. I agree.If they were doing it for profit ,we would not be here.

Senior Member Biz_ is an unknown quantity at this point
    we aren't spending money on content

all the premium accounts just play on standard maps and standard game modes 99.99% of the time

Senior Member Uuber is on a distinguished road
    Not being on steam is a plus. Adds unnecessary overhead and load times. Complicates local play if no internet connection. Issues of privacy and security. There are some advantages (cloud storage of games, etc). Quakelive can be played on older computers. Steam messes with older computers. My old one needed a reboot every time Steam was run. No problems with QL.
    Can't comment on pricing since I'll never "rent" a game/server.

Member railthru is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Biz_ View Post
    we aren't spending money on content

all the premium accounts just play on standard maps and standard game modes 99.99% of the time
    Yup, a cynical person might say that the introduction of map rotations was just a means of getting people to pay for the standard maps they know and love.

*an00bis86
    Could id do more to promote QL and make it a better product? Definitely.
    Is it worthwhile for them to do so? I think it comes down to dollars and cents. Sadly, they aren't going to invest a ton of money into promotion and development if there isn't much hope of ever recouping the cost. QL was basically an experiment anyways, so at this point, I think we're pretty much stuck with what we have, unless they decide to make a Q5 and somehow fold QL into it.

P.S. Unrelated to this thread, but relevant to the OP's username: suckitphaneuf.com

+ Reply to Thread