+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How do you return to the default zoom state?

Senior Member RD6 is an unknown quantity at this point

How do you return to the default zoom state?

I put in an fov for rg and lg, but when I switch back to any other weapon, it stays the same fov as the weapons, and no the default fov I have for all weapons. How do I make it so it unzooms when using another weapon without having to put in individual fovs for each weapon?

Producer SyncError will become famous soon enough SyncError will become famous soon enough SyncError's Avatar
    Subscribers can utilize the cg_weaponConfig options which stream line this type of config setup (including resetting the fovs appropriately on death/respawn without having to rehit a weapon select bind). Non-subscribers, however, need to setup more complex binds to achieve a similar effect -- I believe you have to set the default fov on all of the other weapons in this case.

Hmm, alright, but is there a way to set a variable to cg_fov int, so that I don't have to change the fov in each weapon everytime I want to change the default fov(e.g. 90->95)? Like an alias statement or something, so I can only modify that specific alias.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RD6 View Post
    Hmm, alright, but is there a way to set a variable to cg_fov int, so that I don't have to change the fov in each weapon everytime I want to change the default fov(e.g. 90->95)? Like an alias statement or something, so I can only modify that specific alias.
    set fov1 "cg_fov 90"
    set fov2 "cg_fov 95"

bind [key] "weapon 1 ; vstr fov1"
    bind [key] "weapon 2 ; vstr fov2"
    bind [key] "weapon 3 ; vstr fov1"
    bind [key] "weapon 4 ; vstr fov1"
    bind [key] "weapon 5 ; vstr fov1"
    bind [key] "weapon 6 ; vstr fov1"
    bind [key] "weapon 7 ; vstr fov1"
    bind [key] "weapon 8 ; vstr fov1"
    bind [key] "weapon 9 ; vstr fov1"
    bind [key] "weapon 11 ; vstr fov1"
    bind [key] "weapon 12 ; vstr fov1"
    bind [key] "weapon 13 ; vstr fov1"

I was trying to do it with alias statements and realized my problem was that I had unaliasall somewhere in there. Anyways, thanks a lot. :>

Just one last question: is it possible to connect fov change with weapon switch when you run out of ammo e.g. I run out of lg ammo, and my weapon auto switches to rl and then fov goes back to normal, instead of staying the lg fov as it does right now?

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RD6 View Post
    I was trying to do it with alias statements and realized my problem was that I had unaliasall somewhere in there. Anyways, thanks a lot. :>
    unalias and unaliasall are still bugged. I recommend removing them completely from any and all configs.

Just one last question: is it possible to connect fov change with weapon switch when you run out of ammo e.g. I run out of lg ammo, and my weapon auto switches to rl and then fov goes back to normal, instead of staying the lg fov as it does right now?
    Only with the premium cg_weaponconfig cvars, since they use an event trigger that triggers when a particular weapon rises and is ready to fire.

The manual event triggers are triggered when a key is hit, which is blind to game events.

I'm personally just in the habit of hitting the key for the weapon I have selected.

Ah, that sucks. Guess I just have to get used to it.

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    Protip: don't use auto-switch
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

+ Reply to Thread