+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why you cant callvote during the match anymore???

*idn07

Why you cant callvote during the match anymore???

So many games where ruined by AFKers in CA, because you cant kick them. It seems you could callvote during the match earlier , but not anymore, at least on most servers.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Callvoting during the match was never allowed on public servers.

It is an option that can be enabled with start-a-match servers. You were playing on a user spawned server when you were able to callvote during the game.

*idn07
    Thanks for info. But isn't it stupid? Just quit from another CA where 1 player was AFK. I hate it.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by idn07 View Post
    Thanks for info. But isn't it stupid? Just quit from another CA where 1 player was AFK. I hate it.
    Callvoting during the game opens the door to an enormous amount of abuse.

So while yes it can be nice when used responsibly, it is generally a very bad idea to have it activated on pubs.

*idn07
    Can you give me example? I mean majority of players have to f1, so it isn't easy to abuse. Just now we played 2v2 CA, then 3rd joins, we asked him to spec, he said lol no. Ruined the match. I am so tilted...

Junior Member AFlyingChicken is on a distinguished road
    One word "Trolls"

Member uf is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    So while yes it can be nice when used responsibly, it is generally a very bad idea to have it activated on pubs.
    clinical delirium, voting maps was also a bad idea? rofl
    Last edited by uf; 05-15-2013 at 12:02 PM.

Can you give me example? I mean majority of players have to f1, so it isn't easy to abuse.
    Actually it is very easy to abuse.

Shuffle vote passes, screws up the teams and the result.

Excessive kick vote spam, cointoss, map changes during the game aborting it, etc. All it takes is a troll and a couple players who don't care about having a proper match to destroy things with voting enabled during the game. Also one player can spam votes to prevent other votes from being called.

Just now we played 2v2 CA, then 3rd joins, we asked him to spec, he said lol no. Ruined the match. I am so tilted...
    That sucks, and so I always try to call a vote for the teamsize I wish to play on.

Another nice solution is just to have a friend with pro spawn a server, and they as admin can stop any such nonsense by moving the player to spec, locking the teams, and/or kickban.

Quote Originally Posted by uf View Post
    clinical delirium, voting maps was also a bad idea? rofl
    This is a non sequitur.

I suggested that allowing voting during the game on public servers was a bad idea. That is all.

*idn07
    I disagree. I have seen all these abuses, and its nothing compared to things regularly happens in no-callvote games. Shuffle during game sucks, but it passed just 1 time I remember, and that was when I pressed f1 somehow. 99% of time stupid callvotes were reflected in a couple of seconds, also troll could be kicked from the game.
    Also I think id software could make some good changes, such as not allowing to spam callvote, not allowing shuffle during games, etc. Some common sense and easy changes to make life easier, but it seems they don't care.

It could be limited to teamsize and kick for callvotes during the match, that would help.

A strong delay on how many votes a person can call during the game per time period would help too.

That would be worth testing.

+ Reply to Thread