+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: so it's a free no map voting weekend server?

Senior Member keefy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by danstar View Post
    ye or you can spawn a pro server and people will join whatever you set up.

gotta love how you ignore the easiest solution to your whine.

Premium users cannot spawn servers.

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    yep keefy, but no one is complaining except free users

Quote Originally Posted by D_R View Post
    And my understanding of "premium weekend" is to give free users an idea of what premium is like.
    Maybe that's just me
    this is completely wrong, the freemium weekend is a compensation for all paying users, which also serves the purpose to show u how active and good the game can be if more people can subscribe, but its not there so free users can whine about it. lol

theres plenty of hosts who give the desired content to play, so the argument is based on whine to whine, not to actually make a point.

Teh way Quakelive works right now depends more on what the free users are allowed to play than anything else, Freezetag the most played map is the "warehouse sampler" even though its a free premium weekend and they can play any other maps too.

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Teh way Quakelive works right now depends more on what the free users are allowed to play than anything else, Freezetag the most played map is the "warehouse sampler" even though its a free premium weekend and they can play any other maps too.
    no the way it works is that the euro scene is pretty filled up, as per usual when they had notions like this goin' on.

as for your ft example, are you saying its what it should be like ? cus pro users cant spawn FT as standard (i've tried) and neither can u join any other ft server without it being premium, so its not part of the freemium weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by danstar View Post
    no the way it works is that the euro scene is pretty filled up, as per usual when they had notions like this goin' on.

as for your ft example, are you saying its what it should be like ? cus pro users cant spawn FT as standard (i've tried) and neither can u join any other ft server without it being premium, so its not part of the freemium weekend.
    Well thats stoopid. Unable to spawn freeze servers if pro.

I was meaning the most played map depends on what free users can play. other than the free sampler (warehouse) there is nobody playing anything anywhere.

the thermodes also depend mostly on what the free users can play btu because they are more popular they suffer less.

well you can spawn ft, but only as premium mode to join for others.

and during this event it wasn't possible to host it for free users. the mode definitely would be in use if it were free to play along this map rotation. i dont think samplers lure players to buy anything.

samplers are fun, but that's it, no one would seriously buy a membership for the prem modes because they are dead, completely. and if a few buy it, they will be disappointed so no profit..

better to plant a seed for something to grow than to leave it to someone else if you want something to be fruitful and prosper!!!
    Last edited by danstar; 05-13-2013 at 08:08 PM. Reason: clarificationz...

Junior Member ripuup is on a distinguished road
    the problem I see about me wanting to buy a subscription is this. If I buy the top of the line package I have two options:
    1) buy premium and invite "friends to it" meaning server, or it sits empty and then disappears unless I'm on it and that means if I want friends I have to have a huge friends list...which I don't want.

or

2) Buy that package premium) , make it a pub server, so any one can join without an invite, but I'm stuck with the "free" rotation.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ripuup View Post
    the problem I see about me wanting to buy a subscription is this. If I buy the top of the line package I have two options:
    1) buy premium and invite "friends to it" meaning server, or it sits empty and then disappears unless I'm on it and that means if I want friends I have to have a huge friends list...which I don't want.

or

2) Buy that package premium) , make it a pub server, so any one can join without an invite, but I'm stuck with the "free" rotation.
    Only Pro can spawn servers. Premium can connect to spawned servers though.

+ Reply to Thread