+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: so it's a free no map voting weekend server?

*wheelchair

so it's a free no map voting weekend server?

please enlighten how all maps are free this weekend, maybe i'm blind

Senior Member Chibers will become famous soon enough Chibers's Avatar
    They're all in the pool. Silly you can't /cv them though. =/
    #TATW
    It's more fun when you're mellow

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    You can callvote them on servers spawned by Pro subscribers (if they decided to allow it). But yeah, no server settings have been changed. It's only that all premium maps are standard for now.

Senior Member D_R is on a distinguished road
    That's what you would've expected though,
    \connect \callvote map overkill \wait for people that actually have the same taste
    -> yay free premium weekend with settings u might actually wanna play (on pub)

If it still depends on pro subscribers so much and end of the day the matches aren't there, what's the point
    Going pub, hoping for those maps to get in a pool, be voted by the majority over and over for consecutive matches? Riiight ^^
    Last edited by D_R; 05-11-2013 at 01:48 PM.
    German RA3 since 2001 [p]lague, rdm team-radium, n!faculty, pRophecy
    European CTF since 2009

Competitive? I beat friggin battletoads, get lost...

Censorship AND Infractions for inappropriate language? I think that's a bit redundant, try-hards

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by D_R View Post
    That's what you would've expected though,
    \connect \callvote map overkill \wait for people that actually have the same taste
    -> yay free premium weekend with settings u might actually wanna play (on pub)

If it still depends on pro subscribers so much and end of the day the matches aren't there, what's the point
    Going pub, hoping for those maps to get in a pool, be voted by the majority over and over for consecutive matches? Riiight ^^
    buy pro and stop complaining.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    I don't think the goal was to allow players to play on the same maps over and over again the whole weekend on pubs but to allow them to play any map.

you know, theres enough pro users around who spawn servers for their own purposes and likings, many of which are using up all good resources of content that there is. so i really dont get all this whining from several people.

also... its a compensation for subscribers, not for free loaders. basically for all yes, but its not there so people who never supported the game with a dime can go whine more.

Senior Member D_R is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashSoul View Post
    I don't think the goal was to allow players to play on the same maps over and over again the whole weekend on pubs but to allow them to play any map.
    but that's what premium people do, isn't it? They play SELECTED setups, not random rotation stuff where you don't know what you're in for and will most likely quit after waiting forever.
    And my understanding of "premium weekend" is to give free users an idea of what premium is like.
    Maybe that's just me - I did enjoy these prem samples in the past (before map rotation) and now I wonder why I was thinking about loads of overkill and thunderstruck ca, court japanese ironworks spiders ctf the weekend

It's really down to the votething... Sure pub (even with prem content) never was like a community where u knew what to expect (pickups or a tidy friendlist of paying customers) - U played a match of this and afterwards people voted something totally aweful (according to your own taste).
    BUT you could leave, get on another server, vote what u like and wait for people to play that.
    Without voting, premium content doesn't work well
    German RA3 since 2001 [p]lague, rdm team-radium, n!faculty, pRophecy
    European CTF since 2009

Competitive? I beat friggin battletoads, get lost...

Censorship AND Infractions for inappropriate language? I think that's a bit redundant, try-hards

ye or you can spawn a pro server and people will join whatever you set up.

gotta love how you ignore the easiest solution to your whine.

Senior Member lowlife1 is on a distinguished road lowlife1's Avatar
    Thumbs up for the last few replies.

+ Reply to Thread