+ Reply to Thread

Thread: is it really possible to (let some players) block other players from the console? :s

Junior Member ryzmaker11 is on a distinguished road

is it really possible to (let some players) block other players from the console? :s

yo'

(sorry in advance for my average english )

I would have preferred, for a 1st post here, to tell about how i think Quake Live (& seem Q3 too) is just one of the pinnacle in video game history, but it's another reason which leads me here...

i experienced many "connexion issues " these days, but in fact some of these seem more kind of a block, or dunno how to call it, from other, mmh, "soured" players... :/

so, is it really possible, from the console, to block others players? because it would open the doors to a lot of problems... :s

i just want to play, having fun, but not be faced with this kind of crap

- long life to Quake Live, i hope this will stay forever -
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 05-14-2013 at 09:57 AM.

Senior Member Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa's Avatar
    I'm not sure what you mean by block based on what you're describing.

There is a cvar:

\block <playername>

That just adds that player to your block list, which means their chats won't show up on your screen (well most of the time). You will also see their name highlighted I believe in red if you're mousing over a server and they're in it.

Connection wise though it does nothing.

Other players are not able to lag you if that's what you mean.

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    if /block doesnt work and your on the other team i'll turn off chat
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

Junior Member ryzmaker11 is on a distinguished road
    @Lorfa : it's exactly what i wanted to know, thanx. &, gr8! i feel better that way =)

@Adderall : errr, me? no, u just advise to turn off chat if \block <playername> doesn't work. so, ok, i also note this method

edit : btw, i notice that my thread's title has been slightly changed... hehe, sorry if the previous one was a bit harsh but i was kinda angry when i posted this topic ^^
    Last edited by ryzmaker11; 05-11-2013 at 09:41 PM.

+ Reply to Thread