+ Reply to Thread

Thread: syd1 and syd2 sudden jump in ping from 33 normal ping to 182 constant ping

Junior Member oXey is on a distinguished road

syd1 and syd2 sudden jump in ping from 33 normal ping to 182 constant ping

Starting 3 days ago started having constant 182 ping with no packet loss and before that last week i played on the syd 1 and syd 2 and i have 33 ping .... never had this issue before in 2 years of playing on syd servers .... wat might be the problem and is it temporary ?

Senior Member quakestreme is on a distinguished road
    Did you try pressing ctrl+alt+del and checking the "networking" tab for activity you're unaware of?
    Aways ensure you are maintaining a high FPS rate in QL. Otherwise you can be at a big disadvantage. To find out your current fps rate, use the command: "set cg_drawfps "1"".

Junior Member oXey is on a distinguished road
    yep its only on syd servers adelaide servers are fine

Senior Member quiet_L is on a distinguished road
    had this happen to me on DC the other day. I have 60mbps down and 8mbps up with an average of 20-25 ping in DC. I was hitting nearly 300 for random spurts. No other programs were being used. I don't know why it was happening.

But then again, over the past week I've had about 8 phone calls from my ISP asking if I wanted to change my plan to a lesser bandwidth to save money. I was like lulz no. I think they might be straining their lines. I've been having some strange network issues the past few weeks.

+ Reply to Thread