+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Why 'good' players get to own servers and get away with it.

Member miSc is on a distinguished road miSc's Avatar
    You said: "...been jamming for a while now.."- Then you should know, that this is part of the game. Part of QL, counterstrike, UT, and so many other games. Flaming, immature kids +"Adults", outburts, whiners, cries, personal attacks... The list goes on. I dislike it just as much as you, but the only TRUE thing you CAN do is: Ignore..

And trust me.. it dosen't get better over time. I have played online games since early 90's, and it's the same in any game you enter. Quake, Battlefield, Unreal T, even.. TETRIS lol. There will always be a group of people who wasen't raised with values, ethics, morale, proper manners, and the right attitude. Then there is just the plain and simple immature adults and ofcourse kids, who can't understand a thing or put 2 and 2 together.

I've accepted it, but I take my own precautions! I choose more carefully who I play / hang with, and whoever says something incredibly stupid is ignored. Do not argue with them, do not TRY to reason with them, just ignore

Be nice, respect other players and always enter a server with a good positive attitude. It can rub off, and come back at ya.

-miSc
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 05-14-2013 at 09:51 AM.
    >>>> SIGN THE PETITION <<<< - WE WANT THE ORIGINAL VO ANNOUNCER BACK!
    "Wisdom begins in Wonder" - Socrates (470-399 BCE)

Senior Member SulitDaniel is on a distinguished road
    everyone rages at times. when it happens to me i just troll them. happened the other day, beat a guy who normally destroys me on aerowalk and he started raging and insulting me. saying "you play all the time and you barely beat me, you are autistic" he then proceeded to say "ur bad and truth hurts" but i never said i was good or anything. i never boasted, i admit im a bad player. its funny lol

funny enough i look at my history, i don't play all the time. i take occasional breaks. months off actually. then i looked at his history, same thing occasional breaks, months off. he actually logged in more hours than me, 5 more days to be exact while his account was created a month after mine. its funny

Junior Member NobodyZA is on a distinguished road
    OK. First of all I didn't say you were a smurf, I asked if you were a smurf.. and as usual when ever I ask that question okes get defensive and reply with a cocky comment. I don't really care if you have respect for me or not and you the first to get so upset about something so tiny! I'm sure if you had to ask anyone else on the servers about me, they wouldn't have as much negatives things to say about me then you. So I think you over reacted big time! HF

Senior Member EvilSuperman is on a distinguished road EvilSuperman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bOnged View Post
    So I just joined a server as normal, nice 2v2 on blood ruin... this oke in nDc is jamming, and says to me i'm a smurf... now I joined QL may last year.. so I rate the skill I have is on my own plus I have been playing counter-strike 1.6, source and now GO ... so I say to him no actually i'm not, I have been jamming for a while now.. he carries on to 'petty insult' saying that CA players are so garbage, because its just free for all. Whether or not that is true, if I want to play a CA game, I can.. nDc is a new clan, but with very well known players... surely members of teams like this should have SOME form of respect for fellow players? I then tell him its my birthday today why is he being such a dork about everything when I have have not even said anything to him, whether or not it is my birthday; which it actually is, he then says so me "what did you turn 12 years old". He continues to tell me now i'm getting all emotional, and that i'm a emo... This attitude is the exact reason our gaming communities are so small, and getting smaller.

nDc. Nobody... I have lost all my respect for you as a player, fair enough if I knew you personally but I have never seen/met you.

I hope many people read this thread, and comment, because I know I am not the first person this has happened to, and please don't get me wrong I am not saying i'm a saint, small things like this just piss me off.
    hahahahah..this is Australia servers all over..we have about 15 to 20 players(it may even just be 6 or 7,very hard to tell as they make new accounts every day) that join t3 servers and tell people how bad they are and how slow they move,every day they pretend to be new players and say how its "their first game"or "I'm New"..

QL will be dead soon and there will only be the people that have ruined this game left to play it....all it would take to fix a lot of problems ia to stop letting people use fake emails addresses to make accounts.....is this to much to ask.

Senior Member dji1 is on a distinguished road
    "there will only be the people that have ruined this game left to play it"

the medium is the message.

Junior Member AFlyingChicken is on a distinguished road
    TF.TV clan is filled with jerks just like this guy is talking about. The whole clan thinks their beyond anyone and are rude more than most people I encountered. Their the worst type of troll ......they don't even know their doing it. They want respect because they play in some type of stupid bush league semi pro crap and think their good. If you talk to them like everyone else (normal players) They will kick you off whatever server the whole stupid clan is occupying( its not even a server they created). Major nerd factor is consumed with them. Beware.

Junior Member Teknician is on a distinguished road
    To make sure the community grow we would need to help new players. I could do it when I get my new computer. What I mean is the skill range is way to big between new players and veteran players.

Some tips that would need to be talked are:
    1. Setting your sentivity properly, and how to do it.

2. Using the right mouse and mouse pad.

3. PLaying on a fast grey to grey monitor (1-2 ms) help a lot, with a refresh rate of 120hz. You can play without it but it helps.

4. When I play with long sleeve pull I can't aim as much, as if the friction of my arm
    change because of that.

5. If it's hot where you live make sure to use a fan or air conditioning, otherwise my
    arm stick to the surface a lot more and my hand is a little wet and then my aim is
    a little bit off.

6. You're FPS has to be good otherwise you won't be able to compete with good
    players no matter what you do (that my problem right now :/)

7. Playing on the right servers to have a good ping

8. Using the right gear for the sound make a huge difference! (mine is broken lol)

9. I did't talk about the keyborad here because I didn't played on a mechanical
    keyboard yet so I dunno how the feeling can or not help you (I guess it's better
    than my keyboard of my 15'' laptop )

10. Weapon choice

11. Positioning

12. Dodging

What do you guys think? Would it be a good idea to help people? Ans if yes how could we organize it? I'm a CA veteran player but right now I can't help much because of my laptop but it's going to change at the end of summer :P

Banned Gojira_ is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by NobodyZA View Post
    OK. First of all I didn't say you were a smurf, I asked if you were a smurf.. and as usual when ever I ask that question okes get defensive and reply with a cocky comment. I don't really care if you have respect for me or not and you the first to get so upset about something so tiny! I'm sure if you had to ask anyone else on the servers about me, they wouldn't have as much negatives things to say about me then you. So I think you over reacted big time! HF
    [x] First post ever
    [x] Denies trolling
    [x] Gets upset with common in-game player cockiness
    [x] Justifies that the OP was over-reacting "big time! HF"
    [x] Continues trolling in-game

Senior Member Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston's Avatar
    Part of the game, unwelcome as it is.

People don't play as well when emotionally affected, ergo making your opponent emotional gives you an advantage. Nothing new or specific to quake, just watch <insert sport of choice> and you'll notice occasions where one team will try to rile the star players of their opponents to get them to play badly/get sent off.

In quake there's many habits of spamming chatbinds purely to exploit other player's weaknesses like this, the good news is that it's basically only players that are weak to it that use it, if someone is always spamming binds/chatting they are a weak player who needs that crutch and they basically discovered this because someone did it to them one time and it messed them up badly; either beat them at their own game with better chat or just ignore it: /block your opponent at the start.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 05-15-2013 at 12:21 PM.

*Dignity
    Lol, I've never encountered players like that, I've encountered players who can be a little immature and call each other "noobs" but generally, I've never really met someone who got on my nerve, but than again, I only play this game like twice a month if that.

+ Reply to Thread