+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why 'good' players get to own servers and get away with it.

Junior Member bOnged is on a distinguished road

Exclamation Why 'good' players get to own servers and get away with it.

So I just joined a server as normal, nice 2v2 on blood ruin... this oke in nDc is jamming, and says to me i'm a smurf... now I joined QL may last year.. so I rate the skill I have is on my own plus I have been playing counter-strike 1.6, source and now GO ... so I say to him no actually i'm not, I have been jamming for a while now.. he carries on to 'petty insult' saying that CA players are so garbage, because its just free for all. Whether or not that is true, if I want to play a CA game, I can.. nDc is a new clan, but with very well known players... surely members of teams like this should have SOME form of respect for fellow players? I then tell him its my birthday today why is he being such a dork about everything when I have have not even said anything to him, whether or not it is my birthday; which it actually is, he then says so me "what did you turn 12 years old". He continues to tell me now i'm getting all emotional, and that i'm a emo... This attitude is the exact reason our gaming communities are so small, and getting smaller.

nDc. Nobody... I have lost all my respect for you as a player, fair enough if I knew you personally but I have never seen/met you.

I hope many people read this thread, and comment, because I know I am not the first person this has happened to, and please don't get me wrong I am not saying i'm a saint, small things like this just piss me off.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 05-08-2013 at 11:07 AM.

Senior Member CPTcman is on a distinguished road
    Don't get drawn into it. I'm no saint either...I have succumbed to such nonsense before, but you'll save yourself a lot of grief if you just shut them up with /block playername.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    They should have a nick name for the \block cvar just like they do for \callvote being \cv

It should be called \pwn , because that's what it does.

Senior Member D_R is on a distinguished road
    As for the topic/title (I was afraid you asked punishment for people just owning others gameplaywise): Because it's not a crime, especially when it happens on tier4 servers, because there is no higher level for the great players to play on.

For the text/content: Because people complain about them ingame, on the forums, anywhere, just not straight forward to the support team.
    There can be bans for harassment, and if people really go insult people constantly for no reason whatsoever, sending in a demo MIGHT (I never cared to send anything in myself so I wouldn't know how well it works) result in temp bans
    German RA3 since 2001 [p]lague, rdm team-radium, n!faculty, pRophecy
    European CTF since 2009

Competitive? I beat friggin battletoads, get lost...

Censorship AND Infractions for inappropriate language? I think that's a bit redundant, try-hards

Senior Member muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bOnged View Post
    I then tell him its my birthday today .
    Kinda says something.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Friedman
    All flying saucers are UFO`s not all UFO`s are flying saucers.

Senior Member vurun is on a distinguished road vurun's Avatar
    Nice script for another Santa Barbara season
    VG278HE@144Hz + EC2evo + Manticor + Lycosa+ SS Siberia v2

QL doesn't need more tiers, it needs more players (С)

Banned Gojira_ is on a distinguished road
    did you think to tell him that "I AM AWESOME "

I always shut insults up with indifference and honesty. They seem to get bored pretty quick trying to get under your skin. All you gotta do is out play them at their game with positivity.

Junior Member SoUnreal is on a distinguished road
    happens all the time, it's one of the big things that doesn't allow for this game to be as fun as it should be.

Senior Member CeeLoGreen is on a distinguished road
    Happy Birthday!!!....since no one else said it.

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gojira_ View Post
    did you think to tell him that "I AM AWESOME "

I always shut insults up with indifference and honesty. They seem to get bored pretty quick trying to get under your skin. All you gotta do is out play them at their game with positivity.
    Listen to this man!
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

+ Reply to Thread