MSG Q3/QL Mapping Competition #5
For the fifth time, MaverickServers is hosting a Quake 3/Quake Live level design competition. Mappers from the community are encouraged to participate; veteran mappers and those looking to get into mapping are welcome to join in on the fun. Prizes will be awarded to the best maps.
The contest will start on June 9th and run for 12 weeks until August 31st; judging will begin for 1 week later. Registration deadline is 4 weeks after the start date on July 6th.
Sapphire, Wacom, and id Software are already sponsoring and there are more to come (if you are interested in donating please PM MaverickMSG on IRC)
- The map should be able to hold at least 8 players suitable for 4v4 TDM/CTF or 8 players FFA or be a 1v1 map (although 1v1/tournament maps will be held to the same quality levels as more complex TDM/CTF maps)
- Doesn't necessarily have to support a specific gametype or mod, but you are welcome to specify one
- Map must be previously unreleased and a new design. Please no map remakes or edits.
- Map must contain sponsor images.
- Full rule listing at the main competition website
- Will be done by a panel of experienced players and mappers who are familiar with that map's chosen audience (ie: a CPM map is judged by CPM players, a CTF map is judged by CTF players, etc)
- Scored primarily on gameplay/design and also on overall looks, creativity, and layout
- Judges: TBA
Competition Links: Main Page, Forums, #maverickservers
Previous Competition: ESR Post, Main Page
Last edited by cityy; 05-08-2013 at 01:51 AM.
Guys, don't forget you need to open a thread on the MSG forums to sign up.