+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Mouse Sensitivity & Your Accuracy

Junior Member mevsmouse is on a distinguished road
    It doesn't matter what settings, PC, mouse or whatever some people use they will never improve. It's not that they don't want, it's because they can't and eye–hand coordination plays a big role in that + reflexes.

Some people just don't have it in them when it comes to FPS games. I knew people in q3 who played for years and never improved.

Also, it's pretty easy to get used to low sensitivity, in the beginning it might look slow and hard to move around but with time you naturally adjust to it. Same with FOV, you don't have to lower your sens to make the game a bit slower, a lower FOV will result in slower sensitivity too. In the end it's all in your head.

But it's true that with higher sensitivity it's easier to strafe jump and do circle jumps. But it shouldn't be a problem for people who already know how to strafe jump.

Senior Member Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mevsmouse View Post
    It doesn't matter what settings, PC, mouse or whatever some people use they will never improve. It's not that they don't want, it's because they can't and eye–hand coordination plays a big role
    If they can't drive a car or pour liquids I suppose.

in that + reflexes.
    Their brain can't predict ahead either?

Senior Member brainwreck is on a distinguished road brainwreck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ghenghis View Post
    there's only one thing i do with my wrist: 180 flicks. all the 'raw aiming' is done with fingertips.
    still, unless your using it with forearm aim your consistancy will be lacking and also, might note that, high sens messes up your wrists, i can play for alot longer periods without discomfort now

Quote Originally Posted by mevsmouse View Post
    It doesn't matter what settings, PC, mouse or whatever some people use they will never improve. It's not that they don't want, it's because they can't and eye–hand coordination plays a big role in that + reflexes.

Some people just don't have it in them when it comes to FPS games. I knew people in q3 who played for years and never improved.

Also, it's pretty easy to get used to low sensitivity, in the beginning it might look slow and hard to move around but with time you naturally adjust to it. Same with FOV, you don't have to lower your sens to make the game a bit slower, a lower FOV will result in slower sensitivity too. In the end it's all in your head.

But it's true that with higher sensitivity it's easier to strafe jump and do circle jumps. But it shouldn't be a problem for people who already know how to strafe jump.
    youd be suprised. the few people i give advice to, regarding these topics.. who actually take it, instead of blaming their play on some foreign factor to the game... benefit from it.

and also, lorfa correct me if im wrong but, doesnt lower fov without a sens change actually make your sens faster, or feel as such.

PS: movement does not become easier at high sens. just requires less mouse movement and since accuracy isnt the same type of factor with movement, since movement requires mostly suttle changes in mouse direction...you just want to make sure its not so slow that it hinders your ability to do big circle strafes. but once again, slower=more consistant=movement is better.

lol just remembered pre low sens, talking to lorfa about it and him being like w t f to my sens speed, and at the time i didnt realize this stuff and thought it wouldnt make a difference like most other players do, but i was just ill-educated on the subject, and after realizing argueably the best aimer at the time (strenx) had such a ridiculously low sens, i decided to try it, and never looked back, i have however gone down from 18inch 360 to 12 to benefit movement and close range fights as it was wearing my arm out
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 05-31-2013 at 03:19 PM.
    `when the stress burns my brain just like acid rain drops, mary jane is the only thang that makes the pain stop`

Senior Member tCrown is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Teknician View Post
    Improve you accurancy by playing litle games like those of this website: http://aim400kg.ru/

If you can't aim, change your sensitivity! Even though those games aren't the same as QuakeLive, your sensitivity should be pretty much the same!
    I can aim FAR better in a video game then i can in those aim trainers, which i'm told are useless for training in video games. My aim's all over the place in those, can barely ever get 2 in any of those.

Senior Member Cat will become famous soon enough Cat will become famous soon enough Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brainwreck View Post
    and also, lorfa correct me if im wrong but, doesnt lower fov without a sens change actually make your sens faster, or feel as such.
    Yes, it does. I'd write up an equation for it, but I'm not really up for thinking right now, but the concept is really simple to understand. If your cm/360 is constant and you lower the number of degrees you can see at one time your view will change faster, and the reverse also holds true.

Junior Member Teknician is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by tCrown View Post
    I can aim FAR better in a video game then i can in those aim trainers, which i'm told are useless for training in video games. My aim's all over the place in those, can barely ever get 2 in any of those.
    I'm not training on aiming games, I adjusted my sensitivity with those!

Senior Member brainwreck is on a distinguished road brainwreck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Yes, it does. I'd write up an equation for it, but I'm not really up for thinking right now, but the concept is really simple to understand. If your cm/360 is constant and you lower the number of degrees you can see at one time your view will change faster, and the reverse also holds true.
    i was pretty sure about it...but so many people on these forums have their own personal idea of what a 'factual statement' is that i figured id ask for a 2nd opinion from someone who would be able to explain it to someone who thinks they understand things they, infact, do not.
    thx cat
    `when the stress burns my brain just like acid rain drops, mary jane is the only thang that makes the pain stop`

+ Reply to Thread