+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Mouse Sensitivity & Your Accuracy

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by i4n View Post
    I've played with lots of different sensitivity values, both low and high, with and without accel. The one thing I've learned from changing sensitivity is, DON'T CHANGE!
    Tracking and aiming perfect is something you will learn by time, not by getting lower or higher sensitivity. People put to much effort in finding the perfect sensitivity instead of playing.
    Seriously, there is no magic sensitivity.

Instead:
    1. Get a good setup = mouse, mouse pad, keyboard and screen.
    2. Get a reasonable sensitivity. I'd recommend 20-40cm/360.
    3. Practice, practice, PRACTICE!
    I'd agree with you except for one thing.
    LG.
    it is exceptionally difficult to have a consistently good lg in all situations on high sensitivity, no matter the FOV.
    You absolutely cannot always use strafe keys to aim all the time.
    And the very nature of the weapon, with it's high rate of fire, and human tendency to overshoot when trying to correct, make it exceptionally hard.

Junior Member i4n is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post
    I'd agree with you except for one thing.
    LG.
    it is exceptionally difficult to have a consistently good lg in all situations on high sensitivity, no matter the FOV.
    You absolutely cannot always use strafe keys to aim all the time.
    And the very nature of the weapon, with it's high rate of fire, and human tendency to overshoot when trying to correct, make it exceptionally hard.
    You will learn to handle all situations with high sens if you practice it, with any weapon. You're not gonna be more or less beneficial with any sensitivity if you learn how to play it.

Member randomguy657 is on a distinguished road
    I've played with lots of different sensitivity values, both low and high, with and without accel. The one thing I've learned from changing sensitivity is, DON'T CHANGE!
    Tracking and aiming perfect is something you will learn by time, not by getting lower or higher sensitivity. People put to much effort in finding the perfect sensitivity instead of playing.
    Seriously, there is no magic sensitivity.

Instead:
    1. Get a good setup = mouse, mouse pad, keyboard and screen.
    2. Get a reasonable sensitivity. I'd recommend 20-40cm/360.
    3. Practice, practice, PRACTICE!
    after 20 other days of expiremnents with sense etc I can confirm that all you said is so true

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    You will learn to handle all situations with high sens if you practice it, with any weapon. You're not gonna be more or less beneficial with any sensitivity if you learn how to play it.
    I had 35-40% lg having played on 9cm/360 for over 10 years.
    I still disagree with you.
    lower sens is noticeably significantly better for lg.

Junior Member i4n is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post
    I had 35-40% lg having played on 9cm/360 for over 10 years.
    I still disagree with you.
    lower sens is noticeably significantly better for lg.
    Well played. But like I said, that amount of sensitivity is not reasonable. At least not in my opinion.

Member He4rTL3sS is on a distinguished road
    23.5cm/360

38.70%

Senior Member CPTcman is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by He4rTL3sS View Post
    23.5cm/360

38.70%
    Nice 10chrs

Member Velicity is on a distinguished road
    At the end its all personal taste. One benefit about a low sens might be that you can make small "mistakes", you can even have a shaky hand and it doesn't make a big difference. When you use a higher sens small differences on your movement make a big difference ingame.

I use something around 17-20cm/360. I tried to use a lower sens in the past too because I looked what other good players were using. It got my aim more consistent, even if I haven't played some time I was able to hit a lil bit but I never hit as good as with high sens though that required me to play a lot.

The way you move your mouse matters too. I only move it like 4-5 cm, like I had a big nail right through my wrist, attaching it to the table. I only rotate my hand from there. For everything else I lift the mouse. Might sound pretty ridiculous but I'm just used to it and if I play a lot I don't have any problem to hold my LG somewhere near 50% (and yes if I don't I can't even hold it at 40%, as I said I need to play a lot to keep it there) but at the end I don't play people like cooller

Conclusion: don't care about other people's sens or config, you might find a better solution for yourself.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 07-01-2014 at 05:50 PM.

*BatSpoggy
    I've made a change to my sensitivity setup recently and I'm still getting fully used to it, but I've learned something valuable in the process:
    Consistency is paramount.
    I've settled on 30cm/360 as being the best for my desk space, and I'm setting up every game to use that. It's a bit of a pain measuring it in every game, and more so in games that have an aim-down-sights mechanism, as you have to set it for the ADS and then live with whatever the non-sighted sensitivity is.
    I'm ex-military and love ArmA and the like, so I have to deal with this a lot.
    I'm still improving with this setup (especially as I'm getting back into QL) but I've noticed that my aim improves across all games now as I've set it the same everywhere, my CQB aiming in ArmA is better, I played a bit of BF3 and found my aiming to be improved despite not playing it for months.
    I feel a lot more confident with the railgun with this setup compared to my old one, and that was something I found never really improved with practice before now.

In doing this, I had to change how I move the mouse. I used to rest the heel of my hand on the mousepad and move with the fingers, but I'm now having to move with my arm, the heel only brushing the pad. Does anybody have any recommendations on learning this new habit? I've been using the mouse the other way for 15 years or more, so any pointers on how to build up the new habit would be appreciated.
    Last edited by BatSpoggy; 07-01-2014 at 06:38 AM.

Junior Member wizzypoo is on a distinguished road
    I literally just found out all these years my grip i've used this whole time is claw grip, guess i'm going to have to figure out my best sensitivity now for CSGO and QL using claw grip.

+ Reply to Thread