+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Mouse Sensitivity & Your Accuracy

Banned architechtis is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by KellieGator View Post
    How important would you guys say sensitivity is for strafe jumping and bunnyhopping? Because that's the trickiest part with me for sensitivity, rather than aiming. I can't remember exactly what my cm/360 is, right of the bat but I think it's somewhere between 20-30cm/360.
    Rule of thumb is higher sens = easier movement, harder aiming, while lower sens gives the exact opposite. Of course you don't want to go too low (anything more than 30cm/360 seems plain madness for me, but there are decent players using 50cm/360 with great success, though) and not too high (you will be skipping pixels and missing a lot of rapid fire weapon shots).
    Find a sweetspot and stick to it all time.

Junior Member twilo is on a distinguished road
    If the LG is one of the few things that really suffers from high sens, why not (if you prefer higher sens) set your LG on the low end and use high sens for all else ?

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by twilo View Post
    If the LG is one of the few things that really suffers from high sens, why not (if you prefer higher sens) set your LG on the low end and use high sens for all else ?
    Some people do things like that, but it has some drawbacks.

For one what happens is that the feel of the sensitivity changes, your 'high sens' feels higher because it becomes relative to the low sens, and the low sens feels lower because it becomes relative to the high sens.

Sometimes your movement will change some when you use one sens over the other. It can also have a negative effect on consistency if the change is dramatic. If you use accel but don't change accel/sens per weapon, then at least you still have a consistent mouse feel.

Junior Member twilo is on a distinguished road
    ^hm, good point

Maybe a slight difference would work for some people tho.. just a thought.

I went trough this a while back and you guys helped me out quite a bit, here is the thread for reference

http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...-dpi-sens-help

I ended up with 15cm/360 and its working out overall.. consistency is still an issue but I can't really blame it on high sens alone.

Senior Member Kabuto is on a distinguished road
    I would suggest for practice "cg_drawcrosshair 0".
    Load up a game vs bots and just play..
    The first shot doesn't have to hit for obvious reasons but the second, third and so on should or you have not found your personal sens/accel by now.

Banned HansGruber is on a distinguished road HansGruber's Avatar
    thanks for that convincing post, ill stop playing on a messy desk.

Junior Member KellieGator is on a distinguished road
    I posted here before but posting again with a question; do people (mostly pros) use the same sensitivity for all rulesets or do they use different configs for classic and PQL/turbo rulesets?

Aiming is not a major issue but I find it's a little difficult to maneuver myself in the turbo/PQL ruleset because it feels a lot faster and more sensitive than other rulesets.

Senior Member M0SLEY will become famous soon enough M0SLEY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KellieGator View Post
    I posted here before but posting again with a question; do people (mostly pros) use the same sensitivity for all rulesets or do they use different configs for classic and PQL/turbo rulesets?

Aiming is not a major issue but I find it's a little difficult to maneuver myself in the turbo/PQL ruleset because it feels a lot faster and more sensitive than other rulesets.
    Most people use the same sens accross the board. Your actual sensitivity is the same across all QL rulesets.

Not many people play PQL but if you take a couple of top CPM players for example - HAL plays at about 20cm/360 and Gaiia plays at about 60cm/360 so it's as varied as VQ3 in terms of sens.

Member pseudo is on a distinguished road
    If you learn how to move properly, your accuracy will go up. If you learn to use the proper weapon in the proper situation, your accuracy will go up. If you don't do either of these things then no change in your sensitivity will make a lick of difference so gl.

+ Reply to Thread