+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Repent - awesome hidden room!!!

Junior Member Guitar_Monkey is on a distinguished road
    you have to get in with no clip, which i think is the first and only secret in QL official maps (made by id) which involves no clip to enter.
    there are various secrets in the training area's.
    hell there's even a bunch of them on the crash course.
    but this secret is my favorite. becuase it's an entirely new secret in a new map.
    and i found it with luck ;-) the map seemed so beautiful with the outside thingies that i noclipped it. and after accidantelly falling trough the floor, i found that room.

Quote Originally Posted by SyncError View Post
    You can get in.
    Challenge accepted!
    do i get any credit for uncovering this secret in the first place?

Junior Member searas is on a distinguished road
    I think you need to decompile the map to find the entrance via the triggers, i found 3 pentagon stones secretly clipped away 1 colored diffrent than the 2 others, that i only uncovered with noclip(and even then you have to enable something else, or decompile or ull have to be lucky to stumble upon it)
    i also found the chandelier above the lava to be placed in a way that is hard to reach (low roof) yet it plays a sound when you move around/jump on it.
    I couldent seem to get through the lava after touching the chandelier though.
    The trigger that opens the jail gate to the floor below, have a logo that is used all around the map, could be a RAGE-ish (the game) secret.

Anyway i gave up. Dont want to decompile lol!

edit: Btw, using the grappling hook on the floor below the lava pit, makes it keep wanting to regrab, thats the behaviour of a entity, so whatever that you need to trigger, will open up the lava pit.
    Last edited by searas; 05-09-2013 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by searas View Post
    I think you need to decompile the map to find the entrance via the triggers, i found 3 pentagon stones secretly clipped away 1 colored diffrent than the 2 others, that i only uncovered with noclip(and even then you have to enable something else, or decompile or ull have to be lucky to stumble upon it)
    i also found the chandelier above the lava to be placed in a way that is hard to reach (low roof) yet it plays a sound when you move around/jump on it.
    I couldent seem to get through the lava after touching the chandelier though.
    The trigger that opens the jail gate to the floor below, have a logo that is used all around the map, could be a RAGE-ish (the game) secret.

Anyway i gave up. Dont want to decompile lol!
    how do you decompile? i could do with some info on that as i want to try and make another remake of hells gate

Quote Originally Posted by Guitar_Monkey View Post
    how do you decompile? i could do with some info on that as i want to try and make another remake of hells gate
    I can only show how to do it for Q3A, as Syncerror (idsoftware developer) is watching this thread.
    edit: This decompile method will work with QL maps, but you need to change something else first (censor or something)
    It will work with Quake3Arena's Hellsgate (which is a better version because you can enter the lava pit on the sides! dont want to be handheld, traps are awesome )

(this is how i do it)
    http://pastebin.com/hN3jUgby
    Last edited by searas; 05-09-2013 at 10:16 AM.

thank you.
    btw, there has to be a cake somewhere hidden in repent as well. cant find it though.
    also the things you mentioned i can't find.
    guess i was just a lucky noob

Senior Member infntnub is on a distinguished road infntnub's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure AlienNation provided step by step instructions on how to enter the secret room w/o noclip... although I haven't tried it myself yet.

Just saying; feel free to check out his findings @ the ROTN forums.
    Quake 3 1.16n Noghost iFreezetag

-UE- .o2o. -g0d- n[2]p foq -end- *pWp* oBs H$ iD aM q3p {DR} *MS* uTk dT |c*|

Great Memories That Will Last A Lifetime :~)

http://www.instalounge.co.nr/

Quote Originally Posted by infntnub View Post
    I'm pretty sure AlienNation provided step by step instructions on how to enter the secret room w/o noclip... although I haven't tried it myself yet.

Just saying; feel free to check out his findings @ the ROTN forums.
    http://www.revengeofthenoobz.info/ro...-on-repent-map

Senior Member SquirrlWrangler is on a distinguished road SquirrlWrangler's Avatar
    I couldn't get it to work in a practice ffa game. There doesn't seem to be a noise confirmation of successful button activation. Also, is there a time limit? Do you have to activate all the buttons within a certain amount of time?

Maybe somebody else can get it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrlWrangler View Post
    I couldn't get it to work in a practice ffa game. There doesn't seem to be a noise confirmation of successful button activation. Also, is there a time limit? Do you have to activate all the buttons within a certain amount of time?

Maybe somebody else can get it to work.
    To do it without cheating i think u'll need to find 2-3 buttons,

1 to unlock the pillar
    1 to unlock the lava pit
    perhaps 1 to prevent the lava pit killing you.
    unless step 1 or 3 requires more than 1 trigger to be pushed. then its more triggers than that.

+ Reply to Thread