+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Repent - awesome hidden room!!!

Senior Member SquirrlWrangler is on a distinguished road SquirrlWrangler's Avatar
    I'm on a Mac, so that might have something to do with it. I use SteerMouse to disable OS X's mouse acceleration. The SteerMouse driver also has a sens setting. System default is 400, mine is set at 200, so that no doubt affects how QL is implements my cfg settings. I manually measured doing a slow 360 in-game and came up with roughly 34 cm/360.

SteerMouse settings

I also loaded the raztrainql_beta3 training map and practiced some strafe jumping. I was abysmal. I wasn't able to accelerate very much and I couldn't sustain the acceleration beyond three jumps. I clearly need to figure out what I'm doing wrong, starting with your suggestion about my key presses.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    I'm a bit confused. These settings result in 90 cm/360, which is almost 3 feet for a 360 turn. Is your sensitivity really that low? It doesn't look like it in-game.

The senscap is even at 40 cm/360. The accel is a normal ~0.18 if m_cpi was 0.

As for the video it shows that you are doing something like tapping your right/left strafe keys instead of holding them down. If you compare it to my vid I tend to hold them down for the duration of the jump.
    Last edited by SquirrlWrangler; 05-17-2013 at 06:23 PM.

Senior Member SquirrlWrangler is on a distinguished road SquirrlWrangler's Avatar
    I partitioned my drive and installed Windows 7 to try out QuakeLive. For one, QL certainly looks different in Windows than it does on OS X. Not sure why. However, I didn't notice that much of a difference with my mouse settings in the cfg. The only thing I changed was to increase my sens to 4.75. QL movement is much smoother in Windows but the sens and accel feels very similar.

I tried to find a free screen recording program but the several I found either secretly install adware or don't allow for exporting to video files. Is there an easy way to record the screen in Windows 7 and then save the movie file as an MP4 or AVI?

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    I've been using Fraps, and then I use virtualDub to encode it and then upload to youtube.

As you can tell the quality is not so great, but part of that is because of my 800x600 res.

Another thing you can do is just upload the video raw to youtube (it will encode it), but this is only appropriate for smaller videos. Even those short videos I did of repent were almost 2 GB raw, too large to upload in a reasonable amount of time. Also it's kind of trolling youtube's upload system, like taxing it unnecessarily.

Senior Member OmeK is on a distinguished road OmeK's Avatar
    is possible to trigger 1st button without landing on the chandelier by just a "lucky" nade throw as in 2nd attempt in the demo.
    and btw. i feel bad for takein by the ez lame exploit :'(
    Attached Files

*SexSpektrafzxxx
    I don't find the invizible in repent!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Producer SyncError will become famous soon enough SyncError will become famous soon enough SyncError's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SexSpektrafzxxx View Post
    I don't find the invizible in repent!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Keep trying! (And make sure you are in Free For All.)

Junior Member JEEZ is on a distinguished road JEEZ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SyncError View Post
    And make sure you are in Free For All.
    Very important thing So I guess, many players trying to do that in CA
    [You are a really good judgement of players behind walls Seh]

Senior Member swampy will become famous soon enough swampy will become famous soon enough swampy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SquirrlWrangler View Post
    I partitioned my drive and installed Windows 7 to try out QuakeLive. For one, QL certainly looks different in Windows than it does on OS X. Not sure why. However, I didn't notice that much of a difference with my mouse settings in the cfg. The only thing I changed was to increase my sens to 4.75. QL movement is much smoother in Windows but the sens and accel feels very similar.

I tried to find a free screen recording program but the several I found either secretly install adware or don't allow for exporting to video files. Is there an easy way to record the screen in Windows 7 and then save the movie file as an MP4 or AVI?
    Hey SquirrlWrangler.. Do you mean record your QL demo to mp4 or avi..? I suggest wolf whisperer

It's freeware and incorporates wolfcam with a GUI.. If you have any questions I will be happy to help...
    Drunk Clan Motto--- "Have Fun, Everyone is Welcome"
    drunk clan

Stay drunk, Play drunk and chill

Senior Member DeeDoubleU will become famous soon enough DeeDoubleU's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    When you know the reference it's even better.
    So what is the reference?
    Real life? Life is real?!

Junior Member JEEZ is on a distinguished road JEEZ's Avatar

Cool

I think that most easiest way to complete the first step is make RJ from the second floor to column (right or left is doesn't matter), and after that from column to chandelier. For that way all you need is 2 rockets and 1 nade (to push the button).

!quakelive_step1.jpg
    [You are a really good judgement of players behind walls Seh]

+ Reply to Thread