+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unfair playing in TDM, CA, etc. 5v4 - 4v4 etc

Junior Member Tw1X_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Unfair playing in TDM, CA, etc. 5v4 - 4v4 etc

Hi there,

I have a suggestion, both good and bad but mostly good I think. (Im not completely clear in my head right now, been awake 1 day).

But in any case, I strongly dislike when running 5vs4, 4vs3 or so on, well then with a person more of the other team, and that that team did not ask that extra player to spec if uneven number of players on the server. Especially angry I get when for example it's 8-1 to the team that plays with a player more in it.
    Is it possible to prevent this? Or is it something that does not exist in the current situation?

Regards

Senior Member DeeDoubleU will become famous soon enough DeeDoubleU's Avatar
    As the server OP you can lock teams, put people to spec or manually shuffle them etc.
    In public games I don't know other way to prevent this other than asking someone to go spec.

Wait, what was your suggestion?
    Real life? Life is real?!

Senior Member EvilSuperman is on a distinguished road EvilSuperman's Avatar
    I think it would be good if the game either specs the odd team member (either lowest score or last in) or balance out hp across the teams,so the team with the lower numbers of players might get more hp across the board..or the team with the extra would get less hp across the board....but having a team member spec is always good in this situation..but on the servers I play people either dont mind playing the odds, and the norm is,when one team is ahead by at least 3 rounds someone swaps.but that said you still get team stackers and slummers plaguing the game.

Senior Member MajkiFajki is on a distinguished road
    BigBrotherBot allows quake3-based games "autobalance" - if difference is 2+ (5v3 for example) it automatically moves player which has lowest "time" on map. If player is first world anarchist and wants to go back, Big Brother Bot moves him back again

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    The main point against this has always been:

It's borderline fair to punish a player (by putting him to spec) because someone raged. After all we're talking about public games with no meaning at all.

However, autobalance when the difference is 2 (like 5v3) should be implemented.
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

+ Reply to Thread