+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lag spike when players join server.

Banned TaiSharQuake is on a distinguished road

Lag spike when players join server.

Massive lag spikes when players join the server. This was never a problem last year, not sure when it started. It's really bad, especially during tough fights, it's garbage to get lagged out because someone joined while I'm in the middle of a lg battle.

It also lags sometimes when they quit too.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 05-07-2013 at 05:06 PM.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    I don't think anybody managed to understand what caused this issue. We all wish it could be understood and fixed. At least id is aware of the issue.

Well this is obviously something newish, it never used to happen. I think it's getting worse but not sure, but very laggy during last 3 matches but that could just be lots of people leaving and joining etc.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TaiSharQuake View Post
    Well this is obviously something newish, it never used to happen.
    It might not have happened to you before, but countless people have experienced it for years.

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    First thing to do is make sure you have:
    /cg_deferPlayers 1

If that's already on 1 and you experience those lags, you may be experiencing the cvar change lag. You can make a bind that toggles a random cvar and check if that lags you as well.

Ah, that wasn't present in my config and you know what that makes sense. I remember when I used to join games the player models would be all different until I died or something else happened, then they would switch. I put it in and I'll report back. ty

Yup that seemed to help ty.

Banned Casoah is on a distinguished road
    i already have that enabled and the issue still persists

happens the most noticibly in the chicago server

+ Reply to Thread