+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sampler Matches Updated - Freeze Tag

Producer SyncError will become famous soon enough SyncError will become famous soon enough SyncError's Avatar

Sampler Matches Updated - Freeze Tag

The next Sampler matches are now online, and are running Freeze Tag on Warehouse.

FreezeTag is a game of freeze or be frozen. Two teams collect weapons, armor, and powerups, and attempt to frag the opposing team, causing them to freeze in place. Frozen players can be thawed by the heat of their teammates standing close by, or by being pushed into an environmental hazard. Teams score points by freezing the entire other team.

As always, the Sampler servers are available in limited capacity, so look for matches named "FreezeTag Sampler" and enjoy!

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Pro subscribers still can't spawn FT on Warehouse and you can't vote for it (Requested map not allowed for this gametype).

Not really a "sampler" if you can't play it normally.

Senior Member RockvilleRideOn is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Lam View Post
    True... 10 chars

Producer SyncError will become famous soon enough SyncError will become famous soon enough SyncError's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lam View Post
    Pro subscribers still can't spawn FT on Warehouse and you can't vote for it (Requested map not allowed for this gametype).

Freeze Tag functionality on Warehouse is being restored in the upcoming QLPP17 update.

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SyncError View Post
    Freeze Tag functionality on Warehouse is being restored in the upcoming QLPP17 update.
    Very good news, thank you!

Junior Member dcver is on a distinguished road
    so does that mean the mod is only going to work correctly on that one map ?

/end sarcasm

Junior Member lanceb is on a distinguished road
    i still hope that FT is removed from the SUB req completely, hardly anyone is playing it as it is now, many i know(even my self) canceled their sub cause of FT beeing a sub req..

Junior Member dcver is on a distinguished road
    you cancelled your QL subscription because they added freeze-tag ?

Not many people play the Public servers, simply because the settings suck. The current quakelive FT settings disrupt the competitive dynamics of the game, and the fact they've proven incapable of fixing the few remaining bugs dont make it any better. I've asked about changing the QL FT server settings, but apparently it's far too complicated a task.

They'll drop it soon enough. They've already given up maintaining it. Serious, Competitive FT players still have options other than quakelive anyway. IOQ3 has hi-res textures and true 5.1/7.1 surround sound, and is much truer to the original intended dynamnic of the mod anyway. Losing FT isnt going to kill anyone, and I'm sure they wont miss the revenue from those who have paid 50 bucks a year for a broken, half-assed, watered down version of freeze tag.
    Last edited by dcver; 05-17-2013 at 03:53 PM.

Junior Member jlg387 is on a distinguished road
    i wish they would be one or more maps for freeze tag because i lagg so bad on warehouse :C

Junior Member sizzY is on a distinguished road
    You cancelled your script??? because you disapprove of a game ??? Wow ok then

+ Reply to Thread